Wappler 5.1.0 Released
Or just do “check for updates” on the Wappler tray icon for automatic install!
Speed is Wappler’s middle name, so that is why we have optimized our editor loading to deliver a huge speed boost! Now when opening pages to edit, those display almost instantly together with the App Structure panel.
So working on multiple pages and intensive project switching should all fly now!
Furthermore the last selection and scroll positions are also restored on open of the pages in your tab editors and App Structure.
We have also extended our Resource Manager to give you full access of security SSH Keys and managing those with SSH Agent - the key manager delivered with your OS.
So now on project open Wappler automatically loads any used SSH Keys in your project in the SSG Agent - ready for use. The SSH Agent is specially useful if you have multiple SSH Keys and also some of them maybe are secured with a passphrase. Now you are securely prompted one time for the passphrase which can be saved in your system keychain, so you don’t need to enter it again.
Note if you are on Windows, and want to use SSH Agent, you will have to start it one time from the “SSH Agent” context menu in Resource Manager. It will be then enabled for future usage and will be started automatically on system start.
And last but not least huge amount of issues reported in our community has been fixed.
- Greatly optimized the design view and app connect loading speed
- Smart save and restore of selection in design view and tree state in App Structure on each editor tab
- Improved tab editors loading speed and reliability
- Updated format option it to auto format asp and php files on save
- Improved Server creation with Digital Ocean to wait more as it can take a bit longer than usual to create a brand new server at DO
- New: show the SSH Agent as general resource. SSH Agent is the SSH keys password manager, so used keys should be added in it.
- Show the running state of the SSH Agent
- Implemented key removal from the SSH Agent
- Refresh SSH Agent key list when new keys are added
- Add used keys automatically to SSH Agent on project open so they can be used directly
- Also when adding new SSH Keys to providers or importing existing ones, if those exist locally - add them to the SSH Agent as well automatically
- Check first if the SSH keys is already in the SSH Agent before adding, to avoid unnecessary load and passphrase entering
- Allow to control the SSH Agent on Windows from the context menu. Now on windows you can choose to start the SSH Agent Service and it will be running from now on. Note authorization prompt will appear
- SSH Agent is required if you use multiple SSH Keys. On Mac it is always running but on Windows it has to be started one time.
- When the agent is running all the used SSH keys on the different providers in the project will be auto added to it so they can be used automatically.
- Full support for SSH Keys with passphrase. Now when using those your will be securely prompted for the passphrase, when those are added to the SSH Agent.
- You can also choose to securely store your passphrase on the OS Keychain, so you don’t have to enter it each time.
- Improved installing Portainer on new cloud servers
- Fixed disable of default enabled settings like validation icons, transitions and shadows
- Improve assets updating on mobile projects
Bootstrap 4 & 5 Generators
- Improved the generators to work with the new selection method for context pages
- After editing database connections for NodeJS in tabs, mark the tab as dirty
- Fixed condition on subtables in
App Connect Routing
- Added on load dynamic events on content vies
- Add used SSH Keys now automatically to the SSH Agent on project open
- Set all elements to dirty on validate form (only when using native and not using dmx form validator)
App Connect Lightbox
- Updated lightbox to support more extensions for images and videos
App Connect Browser
- Added missing pushstate dynamic event
Bootstrap 5 Navigation
- Updated to the latest
- Assets updater never clears after update on mobile project
- Addition Condition to Sub Table Throws an Error
- Lightbox doesn’t support URLs with .webp extension
- Bootstrap 5 Table Generator
- Table generator not working
- Database connections do not show as modified in tabs
- Boolean values cannot be used on Set value action
- Browser component, need dmx-on:pushstate attribute
- How to trigger Server Connect Auto Load on internal page change?
- Cannot get the Bootstrap 5 form generator to insert my form fields
- SSH access denied - Resource Manager Cloud Server
- Validation Icons option in Theme manager makes no change to boostrap.min.css
- Resource Manager - Hetzner Import of existing server
- Cloud provider can import machine, but not connect
- Error trying to install Portainer
- Set Value false is kind of broken
- Resource Manager - Remote DO docker image problems. My technique or bug?
- Code view does not scroll to highlighted code
- Multiply formatter - something fishy once you save
- Hide green checkmarks on validations
- Plus symbol erroneously added to server data bindings
- Carriage return not removed in set value
- Syntax error in generated code made by Wappler expression builder - Bug Report #1650028861778
- Disabling validation icons via Theme Manager does not work with Bootstrap 5
- Ternary Operation changing space before : (colon) to + (plus) concatenating as string
- Ternary operation on the client side is generating wrong code
- How Can I Validate Inputs With A Different User Experience?