Ternary Operation changing space before : (colon) to + (plus) concatenating as string

Wappler Version : 3.7.3
Operating System : Mac OS 10.15.6
Server Model: PHP
Database Type: MySQL
Hosting Type: Custom Hosting (AMPPS)

Expected behavior

What do you think should happen?

Manually typing in the following ternary operation in the “Code” tab of the data picker value for a dynamic link attribute should keep a space between inspections’ and colon like below

browser1.location.search ? '../api/get_inspections'+browser1.location.search+'&export=inspections' : '../api/get_inspections&export=inspections'

Actual behavior

What actually happens?

Upon saving, it concatenates the colon to the preceding text like below.

browser1.location.search ? '../api/get_inspections'+browser1.location.search+'&export=inspections'+: '../api/get_inspections&export=inspections'

How to reproduce

• Detail a step by step guide to reproduce the issue
  • A screenshot or short video indicating the problem
  • A copy of your code would help. Include: JS, HTML.
  • Test your steps on a clean page to see if you still have an issue

Create a ternary operation similar to mine for a dynamic link attribute and save.

A work around is simply removing the + and putting the space back in the code view. However, sometimes it reverts back upon saving but I believe that only happened once.

I’d suggest putting () around your complex expressions. Like:

browser1.location.search ? ('../api/get_inspections' + browser1.location.search + '&export=inspections') : '../api/get_inspections&export=inspections'

Thanks @Teodor, that did the trick. Completely forgot to try that. Between coding and learning Wappler it’s been quite the week haha

Thanks again!

2 Likes

Fixed in Wappler 5.1

This topic was automatically closed after 47 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.