Wappler 5.2.0 Released
Or just do “check for updates” on the Wappler tray icon for automatic install!
Another major update of the Visual Query Builder in Wappler, following the updates from last week! Now you can directly run your query and inspect the results, all visually in the Query Builder dialog! You can even supply test values for any input parameters o be used as values when running the query.
We have also greatly improved support for databases using multiple schemas like Microsoft SQL Server and Postgres. You can now easily create a cross schema queries.
All those powers are for now under the experimental option in Wappler, so you can try then out first.
The Custom Query builder has also being improved with betters schema support and SQL highlighting.
Database Connector Visual Query Builder
- Run your query directly during design! Now you can get a great preview of your data directly on the query dialog during the query design. If you use any conditions you will see them in the parameters list to enter test values and then you can run the query. Note Wappler does need a direct database connection to this database to be able to run the query, but this is usually the case when you use the Database manager in Wappler.
- Enhanced support for schema driven databases like Microsoft SQL Server and Postgres! Now use can build even cross schemas queries.
- Because of the huge impact and new structure, those new features are available as experimental option initially. Note the most impact will be and MS SQL and Postgres databases, so test specifically those with care,
- Improved styling the the query results grid. Added footer with number of records
- Made toolbar only visible with the SQL output
- Only use schema for Postgres when different than the default public schema
- Implemented database schema support fro NodeJS, PHP and Classic ASP. Used with Microsoft SQL Server and Postgres only
- Improved alias handling on schema databases
- Improved table alias management on UI and automatic renames
- Improved nodeJS alias and schema functions
- Also implemented
asp.netupdates for schema databases
Database Custom Query Builder
- Now execute custom SQL directly on the database for greater speed and reliability.
- Metadata is then returned even when no query results exists on MySQL and Postgres databases.
- Added also direct query execution with metadata retrieval from the UI for Microsoft SQL Server as well.
- Set to code highlighting mode directly to the right SQL syntax depending on the database used
- Improved output column type detection on MySQL and MariaDB
- Improved query results grid to use better formatting depending on the data types
- Improved conversion to simple query when between parameters are used
- Fixed database changes listing retrieval after the last knex update in Wappler 5.1.5
- Improved routes generation to be more solid on pages that don’t use routing at all
App Connect Google Maps
- Google maps cluster settings were not always applied
App Connect Google Places
- Added support for clusters in places search component
- Can't see migrations on any project
- Database Manager - Change Issue
- Google Maps Cluster settings
- Custom Query JSON Error on Execute for Schema
- Viewing Query Results of a Simple Query results in error
- Between Query conditions from custom to simple does not work correctly
- Custom query bug
- Error in DB Session - No Schema Has Been Selected
- When execute custom query, 'Unexpected token' error occurs
- Execute query on custom query fails on Remote Dev targets
- Database Custom Query "Request Failed: error,"
- Custom queries stay with “pending” status
- Problem running Custom Query in SC
- Cannot modify an existing Custom Query
- Execute query in Database Query window
- Query builder preview
- Problem with custom query params
- Ability to run/test a query from server-side sql action
- Linked SC Custom Query not in picker
- Execute Query has stopped working in Database Custom Query
- Set default code mode in custom query