Cannot modify an existing Custom Query

Wappler Version : 3.7.6
Operating System : MacOS
Server Model: ASP.NET
Database Type: MSSQL
Hosting Type: IIS

Expected behavior

Any modifications made to any existing Custom Queries are expected to be saved correctly in the relevant json files.

Actual behavior

After modifying and executing an existing custom query, correct query results and schema are fetched. However, if you check the modified query after it has been saved, the script shows up as unchanged.

How to reproduce

1. Open a Custom Query
  2. Modify the script, Execute to fetch schema and query results, Save the Server Action
  3. Click another Server Action so that the modified Server Action is not highlighted anymore
  4. Open the modified Custom Query - all modifications have been lost

I think a similar thing was reported some time ago.
Can you create a new server action and see if the same behaviour is replicated?
If not, then unfortunately you will most likely have to re-write this problematic SA.

This seems to be an issue with the existing Custom Queries.
I created a new server action as you suggested, modified the script and modifications were saved and retained correctly.
I will re-write the SA to get around this issue for the time being.
Thanks for your prompt assistance, Sid :slight_smile:

If you can read JSON, you can just copy paste other parts of the old SA into the new SA file, without having to build it all again.

Thanks for the tip, Sid.
I tried deleting and re-creating the custom queries (with modified script) only in relevant Server Actions and these seem to be working correctly. Hopefully, this method is okay as well.

That’s even better. :+1:
I was skeptical if just the custom query step would be the cause of the issue. But looks like that is the only object in JSON with the bug. Good to know.

Maybe you can post here your server action json file, so we can investigate what is wrong with it.

Hi @George,

I have attached the server action json file that contains the custom query named cq_gl_config . This json file is from a copy of the project and has not been deleted and re-created as mentioned in my previous post.

cust_info_int_sale_all.json.zip (3.5 KB)

Fixed in Wappler 5.2.0

This topic was automatically closed after 32 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.