Query builder preview

Can you please add a Preview in the DB Query Builder.

I am having to build all queries in the Custom Query Builder so i can use preview there which is so useful.

Need to be able to see the what i am getting and avoid hand coding it all.

Or/And let us copy the sql query generated so we can move it to custom builder and preview there.

thank you.

/J

Voted. I find I have to do my queries in Navicat first quite often to be sure I am getting the right results.

If I understand you correctly, click on the last icon to see query results.

custom-query

That is only on the ‘Custom’ Queries. The request is to add it to the other query builders (paged, multiple and single) as well.

Voted. Back in the early DMX days you could preview the query. I think this has been brought up before.

Well the query builder is just for a single query in your server action and it can depend on a lot of parameters. Some of those can come from previous steps or query params input.

So to run a preview of your query step - we would have ask you to supply test values for those params. So we can use those. At least if you use params of course.

So is that fine? Or maybe you have other ideas for design time preview?

1 Like

I’d be quite happy with ‘bind parameters’ very much like phpMyAdmin does with test values.

1 Like

would suggest to please keep an 'off switch; in settings for such new functions that maybe added.
this way, users who do not need it can avoid it.

you might have to add a search feature in settings because it’ll blow up quickly if this system is implemented.

just some food for thought!

In Wappler 5.2.0 it’s now possible to test your queries directly in the query builder.

2 Likes