The Wappler's philosophy

Let me share our thinking and philosophy about Wappler

Wappler is a living product

This means that we are adding continuously new features, improvements and hot new components and frameworks. It is also fully community driven - you ask for it and we build it.

That is why our update cycles are really short - usually weekly/bi weekly. We are NOT the big company like Adobe and Microsoft that bring you just one update per year of things you have no idea of. We listen to you and give you the power you need - directly.

By buying a Wappler license you are buying a ticket to the future - a promise to get the most powerful tools at your disposal. If you don’t want that - don’t buy Wappler license or stay at the free version.

This also means that Wappler will never be feature complete. We will always add new stuff and improvements fast. Of course we do our best and test everything so we don’t break critical stuff - but yes it can happens sometime, but we also fix stuff in the same speed.

To make your choice even more solid in the future, we are planning to offer two channels of Wappler development - one stable for fully stability and one beta for hot new stuff that still might need some polishments. And you can always switch which channel you want to use. It is a bit like Google Chrome.

So that is the Wappler’s philosophy :slight_smile:

18 Likes

I love that philosophy and that’s why I backed it on Indiegogo. It’s possibly given some confusing signals because you had a formal release date but didn’t have everything in place on that date - documentation being a key thing.

There are some core features which I see as vital - includes being one of them - and the docs/tutorials are very important, the rest is great to come out with the regular updates. Not waiting a year but seeing it evolve every week or two is a much better solution and I’m glad to be a part of it.

Thanks for the clarification. Really looking forward to the docs and includes functionality in the next few days so I can put it to work on a real project.

2 Likes

I think the philosophy behind Wappler is great. I think you’ve already proved that it works and that the promises you make and the speed that improvements, fixes and new features are added is a genuine commitment to that philosophy.

I find it all very refreshing and actually quite exciting to have been involved from the beginning in such a great project.

The test will be if it all seems just as good in a year or two’s time which, considering how things have been going so far, I for one am sure that it will!

4 Likes

Absolutely agree. After watching Adobe slowly die, I love the idea of a living, breathing application that promises to grow with the demand rather than balk because of cost.

3 Likes

Thank you all for the great support! I’m really proud that you like our way of thinking and this really proves that Wappler is a key to success! This really justifies our hard work and motivates us to go even further beyond any imagination!

I hope you don’t mind if we quote you on the Wappler.io - to share our thinking to the rest of the world :slight_smile: if you do mind just say so.

2 Likes

i like the development version idea.

By buying a Wappler license you are buying a ticket to the future - a promise to get the most powerful tools at your disposal. If you don’t want that - don’t buy Wappler license or stay at the free version.

so you mean we are buying so future users get the benefit of our investment?

Love the simplicity of the editor and how easy to add what you need in the right place with the smart selection.

but i hate to wait for a feature that i actually paid to use but its still missing, especially with a subscription based product.

1 Like

I understand what you say @mrbdrm but I would have thought that it’s just a judgement call for each individual. Just jump on board when you feel it’s feature rich enough for you.

For me, it’s already there, or at least so close as to make the purchase worth it. And with the promise of so much more so quickly it’s a no brainer for me. I’m very pleased to be saying goodbye to Dreamweaver and have already begun switching over to Wappler.

I understand what you say @mrbdrm but I would have thought that it’s just a judgement call for each individual. Just jump on board when you feel it’s feature rich enough for you.

The philosophy is great no one is denying that
but when a subscriber was promised a feature at the time of purchase to be there and its not. that’s something deterrent, don’t you think?

my concern is that they need to focus on the fixing the application more than the sales at this stage.

1 Like

I do understand but it’s such a massive project that things are bound to go wrong at times and there may well be some delays regarding promises at times. But these things are fixed so quickly and the communication and attitude to me seems incredibly good.

I may live to be proved wrong but as a company they’ve been around with great products for a long time now - I love their communication and availability and they’ve done enough so far to earn my complete trust.

We’ll see as the months go by but I’d be surprised if I was proved wrong.

1 Like

Hello, I’d gladly extend your subscription period (for free) next year with the couple of weeks you have to wait now until we update Framework 7 from v1.6 to v2 :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you very much
Now That is awesome responsible support :grinning:

I really don’t think they would ever let you down

one of the reason made me buy wappler because its made by DMX Zone team.
im properly one of their oldest customers (2011)

Well, there you go. From what you said I assumed you didn’t know them!

Actually it is save to say that @ben is our oldest DMXzone customer :slight_smile: he is being with us from the very beginning since August 2002! DMXzone was founded on February 2001.

And it is so great to see that he is now becoming a great Wappler fan as well!

I hate being in the limelight, but seeing I am already there, I am probably the oldest on two fronts, namely as a DMXzone client and as a 75 year old.

4 Likes

I’ve the first invoice from DMXzone dated “1 November 2001” (Pure ASP Upload 2) so @ben is a child compared to me, instead about his age (and IT knowledge) I am his nephew :grin:

However I’m not yet a Wappler fan (I need it only to create hybrid apps not websites, so I’m waiting for app builder) but I hope become it soon.

2 Likes

Well @ben “I tip my hat to you”, if I am still able to figure any new technology out at the age of 75 I would be very proud of myself.

2 Likes

It’s not all plain sailing, age comes with grumpiness and those (senior) moments. :blush:

2 Likes

Please don’t tell me that the milkman is your dad, we could be twins. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes