How to add billing details in Stripe Payment Intent

Hi Everyone,

I have issue with Stripe payment intent - The payment intent works fine until I try to add the customer name and email in the billing details section.
It gives me: “error”: “Missing required param: payment_method_data[type].”
There are variable payment method type listing except card.
I already selected the payment method option as card.
However, there is still an issue. I am not sure if it can be fix or what should I do?

I think it is important to also save the name of the cardholder.
Any help will be very kind.

My advice when dealing with Stripe is to call their API directly via Wappler’s API actions rather than Wappler’s own wrappers. Learning the API calls is an important part of learning Stripe and there’s so little involved that it’s best to ‘hit the metal’ directly rather than via Wappler. I also noted annoying minor issues with Wappler’s wrappers that cost me a lot of time and frustration trying to debug where the issue was

The create payment intent is documented here and very simple as you can see…

https://stripe.com/docs/api/payment_intents/create

Maybe just report these, so we can fix them …

It’s a nice idea but there’s too many little things that would simply cost me too much time. This weekend I’ve fought against creating Library calls that were simply lost in the ether. Happens very regularly and I’ve just come to accept it. I’m not a paid tester.

The root cause isn’t the bugs, it’s the sheer amount of new tooling that appears within Wappler and the lack of a cohesive strategy. It’s not adding value or building real value. It simply appears, is poorly documented, and the small team moves onto the next new thing. It’s too ambitious and I just don’t understand why nobody sees it within the company.

Look at webflow as an example of a platform that works, doesn’t try to overreach and is worth a $1BN and more.

I’ve simply learned to live with it

If you don’t report the issues you find, then we can’t fix them as we don’t know (yet) that they exist :slight_smile: And the community is the place to report them.

I don’t have the time to document all the bugs and issues. I would achieve nothing for myself.

But I will start by saying the UI has serous issues creating new Library API calls. About 30% of the time they fail to create, cannot be deleted properly and usually requires a wappler restart.

Iid suggest spend some time using the UI in this regard and it will become quickly apparent.

Of course i did. I am not going to comment on your webflow comparison. What i want to say is - when you find a problem just report it here so the product can be improved.

Well, Wappler development and direction is community driven, so priorities can shift depending on the needs and requirements of the users - our community. We usually do document any new features we release.
See The Wappler's philosophy

Anything in particular that is causing confusion?

No George. I will continue using it as I enjoy it and have grown used to the chaos.

But a certain part of me will always struggle to understand why certain things are done.

Just ask if something is unclear - I always try to explain the idea behind new features, usually in the what’s new topics and docs but it might not be always crystal clear.

Thanks George.

Thank you for responding - I know the Wappler team has been very busy. I do use API when I think it is the fastest way. We indeed spend a lot of time trying to fix something that is not our fault, but Wappler’s features and functionalities have grown since I have been here.
They need to differentiate between developers’ customer service and fixing features. I believe the same developers cannot always fix the problem on Wappler and try to handle all the questions. It should be another team to address questions to reduce customers’ frustration and leave.
Sometimes I spend days trying to find out why something is not working - I hope they will be able to fix the billing details situation with Stripe I address.
I just ended up collecting the data the best way I can for now.

Your chances of success go up when you submit a complete bug report in the Bugs category with as many details and reproducible steps as possible.

3 Likes

Thank you

this sounds like a perfect example of why I wanted a starting working example and code for my new project. I don’t have time to dick around with this frustration of using stripe.