Wappler 3.6.0 Released
Go get it from https://wappler.io/download/
Or just do “check for updates” on the Wappler tray icon for automatic install!
Christmas is early for you this year, with major Wappler update as special present for you!
Realtime Data updates are now at your disposal! Enable Live Data Reload with Sockets for any Server Connect Data Source and the Data will be automatically updated for all connected clients!
You have full control of the refreshing and enjoy the power of web sockets! You decide when the data is updated simply by executing a Refresh Server Action - As Server COnnect Action step.
See the Realtime Data Update with NodeJS and WebSockets
We have also fully finalized the Server Connect Global Settings like Database Connections and greatly improved cooperation with the Database Manager.
Now both Server Connect and Database Manager work nicely together when you manage your connections.
Also we have updated Bootstrap 4 to the latest stable version.
So next week there will be a final update for this year and our team will get their well deserved Christmas break.
New App Connect Sockets - for Realtime data refresh and messaging!
- NEW - Live Refresh of Server Connect Data Sources! Just add the new “Live Refresh with Sockets” dynamic attribute to any Server Connect component on your page to enable full live refresh and data fetching via web sockets!
- NEW - Special "Refresh Server Connect"server action to trigger a live refresh of all clients connected to that Server Connect Source!
- Trigger events with serverconnect when sockets are used
App Connect Flow
- Improved Server Connect action picker in Flows
- Updated to the latest version 4.5.3
- Use the new cdn.jsdelivr.net as CDN option for Bootstrap
- Updated Bootswatch to the latest Bootstrap 4.5.3
- Added Sockets support for Live Refresh of Server Connect Data Sources
- Add the latest jQuery 3.5.1 as framework choice
- Improve switching of jQuery versions
- Moved all the Server Connect Global Settings out of experimental mode - they are now fully available
- Don’t use $parent any more
- Improved display of Data Bindings within conditional steps
- Improved Server Connect Data Bindings picker for Library Exec actions
- Improved node modules update and package.json on Node running in Docker
- Improved Database connections management and reuse, so no more hitting limits!
- Unified Database Connections! No you can define database connection as Global in Server Connect or in Database Manager, doesn’t matter - all required connection files are created automatically. Same is also for managing those - when you delete the connection in Server Connect it is also deleted in the Database Manager
- Focus of the existing Server Action is lost when expanding the Server Action panel
- Global Bindings get duplicated each time panel is open
- $parent.$parent bug
- Cannot select 'Select Server Action' in Flow Editor
- Include bindings not available if in condition
- Can't select SC Action for inline flow
- Flow server connect - unable to select server action
- $parent.$parent not working on server actions