Wappler Getting Started Course

This course is no longer available

For those brand new to Wappler™, an online course covering the core components…more lessons to follow.

https://learning.uniqueideas.com/

48 Likes

That looks pretty impressive.

3 Likes

Wow Ken, that’s impressive! Took a look at a few videos and they look really really nice!

2 Likes

You’ve just increased your popularity by a gazillion percent, @mebeingken! Superb videos and must have taken you a while.

4 Likes

Thanks guys!

Jon, I had no idea what I got myself into. :rofl:

4 Likes

Absolutely brilliant Ken! You’ve done an amazing job! So well explained, easy pace, clear topics!

Your video play list is also amazing! So easy to keep track of your progress!

I’m definitely pinning this topic!

Have you consider publishing it on Udemy?

3 Likes

Thanks George! I’ve considered all sorts of things around this, and yes Udemy is on that list. I waffled back and forth on making this course paid/free and decided it was best to be free at least for now. Udemy limits free courses to 2 hours, so once I blew through that I opted to host elsewhere.

2 Likes

Well maybe you can offer the introduction and getting started as it is now for free and do a more intermediate and advanced as paid. People won’t mind paying for such high quality

8 Likes

I appreciate that George…and that is the likely outcome. If people find value in this first course, there is tons of room for additional courses.

6 Likes

Ken, this is an amazing job!

Everything from video editing to web integration of the course looks very cool.

I would be grateful if you could tell me if you used some platform to place the course and then integrated it on your site or if you created the web interface completely yourself?

1 Like

Thanks!

When building apps, I’m a fan of using existing tools and only building from scratch the core value proposition. It has served me very well over the years.

Same was true for this learning site, I used Thinkific to provide the course platform, and then just styled it to look similar to my main site. I can even host content for other creators, so give me a shout if that’s interesting to anybody and we’ll see how we can make that work.

The main value prop for the learning site is (hopefully) the content, so I produced that in-house.

6 Likes

And then v3.4.2 drops next Thursday with a completely new UI. :rofl:

I’m loving what you’ve done and know this is going to help sooooo many people. Top, top job.

2 Likes

Ya, no joke! I’ll be updating videos for the rest of my life! :rofl:

Hopefully people will keep me informed on what has become obsolete so I can revisit the content.

3 Likes

Don’t worry - the UI is pretty stable now. All the base panels won’t change any more. We are just gradually adding new functionality as components or major stuff in whole new panels or pop-ups - but the base will stay the same.

4 Likes

Wow, what a guy! Doing videos myself, I know what is involved - 5 mins of video takes 5 hours to create. I take my hat off to you Sir. :love_you_gesture:

6 Likes

Hey Ben…I think your ratio is about right, and it kinda surprised me. And as I’m sure you know, you always want to go back and do more, change things, etc. I’ve caught the bug though, and looking to do many more.

8 Likes

Nice job Ken, i have one in the pipeline also but sure wont have that quality of post production

2 Likes

Thanks Brian! My studies in college were in photographic multi media, so I enjoy that part of the process. The hard part for me is the classic letting perfect get in the way of good—a constant reminder to get the project published and then continue to improve.

2 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: Trouble running docker