Wapper Academy

Hi! I am quite new to Wapper, but I am obsolutly love it soo far. Unfortunatly the accessibility for new users, who doesnt have a programming background is bad. I think more Wappler could get many more users, especially in the indiehacker community. However the tutorials and guides around the wappler ecosystem are horrible. Dont get me wrong, the docs are quite good, but have a look on youtube. If you compare it to bubble for example this problem gets even more clear.
I would be interested to work on modern, well explained Academy with projects, examples, support and so on, where you can download example projects, templates…
But I ask myself if there is any interest from the community in such a offering!?
Let me know! Best regards Lars

1 Like

I found it very difficult to get started with wappler until I came across this amazing course.

If we can get more courses with this level of clarity it will be a game changer for wappler.

3 Likes

Of course is dificult to start wappler without any tutorial but good ones most of them they go so fast as they doing a project for a client is crazy. Another example is webflow tutorials very very good and they improving all the time wappler is a great software but…I will be interested

For sure

Lars lets do it ma man Thank you will be great. For me the problem is backend

Absolutely. Without a doubt. Someone who has a passion for teaching should definitely make this happen.

That would be very helpful indeed for someone like me who doesn’t have a programming background.
I actually made some statics project but would like to build a simple CMS with Wappler.

I have done tutorials in the past and intend more in the future but the wappler interface has been changing significantly for some time now so new material becomes out of date in weeks. Perhaps when things settle new material will start again.

2 Likes

I would love to see some multivendor marketplace, job boards, and other examples. However, i think simple projects that link to back ends and servers for data storage would be a huge help. I am currently trying to create a lauch page for an ecommerce build i want to try but dont know the first thing about it.

@jbrant308
I hope to embark on a new tutorial project soon involving development of a a community portal. Business advertising, job wanted/ offered, local information, places to visit, community blog, events diary but to name a few ideas. Hope to start early December when my current project should have settled down.
Plan is to build the site and record the entire process from start to finish weaving as many Wappler components and techniques into it as possible. I will even record the mistakes ( of which there will be many) to show how to fault find in Wappler!

8 Likes

That sounds great! Ill be looking forward to it.

can’t wait )) any update on this project?

Planning now, should start production in a week or so.

1 Like

sounds great. You will do a video serie based on an “how to” project like you planned?

Yes, will be primarily node although i will do some PHP stuff to show how certain things could be done in PHP also (basically around the lack of PHP templates) and why some simply can’t (or is very complex)

Will be node/ docker based but hope to add an additional module on node on as VPS (which I personally prefer)
Will be covering MySQL databases via Docker, WAMP and traditional web hosts.
Basically i will be creating a community web portal but trying to highlight as many Wappler features / components into the design as possible.

3 Likes

Sounds great.
Regarding the stack i guess the “new norm” is node / docker but i don’t think it’s the most important thing for people following those tutorials.
Most important is “how to” / features explanations / processes & logics inside wappler, etc.
Looks very promising, can’t wait. I watched the new videos from @ben (THANKS A LOT : YOUR VIDEOS ARE AMAZING) and loved them (the comments on youtube are just “wow, you are a legend” and i agree with that) : it’s 100% what we are all missing.

1 Like