Wappler 4.1.2 Released
Go get it from https://wappler.io/download/
Or just do “check for updates” on the Wappler tray icon for automatic install!
In this Wappler update we have greatly improved our Database Manager. Now it is even smarter in handling the schemas and specially the relations and reference fields.
Specially with SQLite we have added support for adding and changing relations, reference and database column types afterwards!
So now SQLite has all the features of its bigger brothers, so it can be used as light development database, while on the live server you use a different type of database.
See Setting Up a Lightweight Dev Environment with NodeJS and SQLite
Handling defaults and specially default dates is also improved in the Database Manager.
We have also updated all the database drivers that Wappler uses, so querying the databases from Wappler should be even smoother!
- Updated all database drivers within Wappler to the latest
- Greatly improved SQLite schema manipulation and retrieval. Now you can fully work with references and and even add them afterwards.
- Greatly improved adding new tables and references. Now you can choose directly from the new reference fields, without saving the changes first
- Improve the order of saving changes - first add new tables and then add references to them
- Improve the order of the undo changes - to be in the exact opposite of the creation.
- Improved smart partial schema refreshing after undo/redo of a ‘change’ file
- Improved storing of UI properties after refreshing of schema
- Greatly improved working with default values in databases. Now you can enter a static expression (should be quoted) or use knex expressions like knex.fn.now() to default to the current date.
- Add also an clock icon to quickly enter the default knex.fn.now() expression for the current date time
- Improved working with schemas in MS SQL Server, those are now correctly reflected in the changes file
- Improved smart refreshing of database schema when ‘changes’ (migrations) are applied or reverted
- Improved MS SQL Server and Postgres schema handling and references
- Always map ‘db’ and ‘certs’ local folders for your database and certificates for local Docker development and NodeJS
- Updated Electron to 13.5.1 to include the latest security fixes and Let’s Encrypt root Certificate support
- Fixed the about and shortkey keys popups titlebar on Windows
- When using SSL for your database connection, choose from the certificates from your project folder. So that those are also available for your live site.
- For Digital OCean RDS, use your own CA Certificate that you download from Digital Ocean self.
Database Connector & Updater
- Fixed query with aliases
- Improved the conditional check in PHP (should ignore when empty)
- Open Query Builder: Bug Report #1633535855436
- Workflows - Globals - add database query, cant open query editor
- How do I close the Shortcut Keys modal?
- Server Connect not being saved and becomes unresponsive to clicks when setting an ALIAS to get the max_value
- Query alias not saving, a bug?
- When creating a join it is not possible to save the action
- Workflow Query Builder stopped working in 4.1.1
- Urgent issue on SC Query Builder! Bug Report #1633406303598
- Query Builder is broken for pre-existing multi-step queries in 4.1.1 update
- Creating Server Action unstable when using "Count"
- Query Builder not opening anymore on some queries with conditions
- Database query builder conditions not working