Query Builder is broken for pre-existing multi-step queries in 4.1.1 update

Wappler Version : 4.1.1
Operating System : macOS Catalina (10.15.7)
Server Model: NodeJS
Database Type: Postgresql
Hosting Type: Custom Hosting

Expected behavior

When I select a Database Query step in an existing API action and then click on the Query Builder button I would expect the query builder to appear.

Actual behavior

Having just upgraded to the new release it now appears that if I have an API action that contains more than 1 step (one of these steps can also be a Security Provider) then the Query Builder button just freezes when I click on it.

For API actions that have a single step the query builder opens correctly.

How to reproduce

Start with a version of Wappler < 4.1.
Add an API action with multiple steps e.g. Security Provider + Query OR Query + Insert, etc.
Upgrade to Wappler 4.1.1.
Load you project and go to the Workflows view.
Click on your API action.
Then click on the Query step.
Then click on Query Builder.
The button changes colour and then nothing more happens.

I’ve just upgraded to the new release and now appears that if I have an API action that contains more than 1 step (this can also include Security Provider as one of the steps) then the Query Builder button just freezes when I click on it.

This has been reported already and a fix is available here:

Hi George, thanks for the quick response.

I’ll try the fix and report back.

Note: be sure to fully replace the old file and don’t leave them alongside each other (with different names) in the directory. Otherwise the old broken code will still get picked up.

I’ve tried to replace the file… But I can’t find it anywhere, either on my Mac or Windows install.

I’m a Mac user and fortunately for me it was located as specified in the solution.

Thanks Scott. What Mac OS do you have?

Operating System : macOS Catalina (10.15.7)

This was fixed in Wappler 4.1.2

This topic was automatically closed after 23 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.