Upload option when right click on tab

Sometimes I need to manually upload a file I am working on.
Currently I need to go open the site manager, browse through various folders, look for the file, right click and then click upload.

By adding an “upload” option when the user right-clicks on a tab would save a lot of time.

Screen Shot 2021-01-23 at 13.40.08

I agree - this would certainly save a lot of time. The new options mean it’s no longer necessary to go through the process you describe to open a file in File Manager/Finder, but as you say, it’s still necessary if you want to upload a single file.

(You can vote for your own feature request.)

Guys, you know that saving the file uploads it to the active target, right? So a simple CTRL /CMD + S uploads it.

yes, but unfortunately sometimes this does not work with css files.

That’s a good point. I’ve always assumed that if a local target is set and you press Ctrl/Cmd + S, and then switch to the remote target and save, that nothing will happen (because the file has already been saved). I think perhaps I’m wrong about this…

Just for clarity… this is only true if the target usage is set to Development

It doesn’t matter what file you’re working on. If it seems it’s not working for css files, then probably you have the old version cached in your browser and you need to clear the cache.

Each save, CTRL + S / Cmd + S saves the file and uploads it to the active target.

Actually it works with both Development and Production targets - i am talking about FTP targets here, not Docker.

Ahh. Got it. Guess I need to make my own feature request. It is far too easy up inadvertently change files in production.

1 Like

So now we have limited the auto uploading to development target only. And that is for a reason. To not break your production site by just uploading one file.

So when you are all ready with the development of your site, just switch to production target and hit publish/deploy - and all the needed files will be uploaded.

So no need for separate single uploads any more.

1 Like

No automatic upload on save when the target is ‘development’ (edit: I meant ‘production’) is a great improvement - thanks!

I don’t quite understand this and was worried that it meant it was no longer possible to upload single files. I’ve just installed the update and see it is still possible. One or more selected files can also be uploaded.

(I’ve still never clicked the publish/deploy button and probably never shall - unless by accident. I wonder if it displays a confirmation dialog.)

I mean no automatic file uploads on production targets.

You can still manually upload what you want and that is your own responsibility.

Sorry - I meant ‘production’.

It may seem a minor thing, but just working with Wappler for a few minutes and pressing Ctrl+S frequently, I am now much more relaxed. Previously, I was forever double-checking the little Target indicator at the bottom of the screen - at the back of my mind recalling the few occasions where a simple save had done very unfortunate things to the site I was working on.

It would still be very useful to have a right-click on tab upload option (probably even more now than before).

As I mentioned eariler, this is a change I’m very pleased was made. However, I think it makes the topic of this thread - the feature request - even more relevant. More conscious effort has to be made to upload files now (a good thing), but it’s more awkward than it need be (while before, it was too easy).

As the OP mentions, it’s necessary to browse through folders, locate and right-click files etc. If the files are already open, it seems like unnecessary work to find them again in order to upload them.

This struck me just now as I was using the recently improved search facility. I was editing a series of files and then wanted to upload them. To do this, I had to close the search panel and switch to file manager, and then find the files one at time to upload them, even though they were all open on my screen.

(Another thought - an option to upload all open files, by right-clicking on a tab, would be a great time-saver.)