Passport.js integration

Would be nice to have passport.js as an option in security provider as it already has more than 500 strategies to authenticate to various services. People could just add the strategies they want to use, add some config and run it.

Node exclusive I am afraid. But we knew this was going to come :slight_smile:

Besides being OS it is also supported by some guys from auth0 and auth0 as such.

We were already looking indeed at passport.js integrations - it is very powerful! Great advantage of working in NodeJS

9 Likes

Why doesn’t it surprise me? :joy:

3 Likes

is there any update for this feature?

3 Likes

Definitely waiting for this integration! :sunglasses:

Could someone tell me the difference between this and the SSO stuff in Wappler?

https://www.securew2.com/blog/oauth-vs-openid-which-is-better#:~:text=Simply%20put%2C%20OpenID%20is%20used,accounts%20that%20you%20already%20have.

1 Like

Any chance to see Passport.JS in Wappler 5?

1 Like

Bump

Bump

Bump!

I’m considering building an extension for this if there is still enough demand.

3 Likes

JFYI I got working extension for Steam - using Passport.js but I couldn’t make a proper security - knowing other’s Steam GUID and know authentication link and if you smart enough you can login as other person.

I think that would be an amazing addition for projects. Passport has so many options for authentication.

1 Like

I am big fan of seeing the whole Security Provider flow getting overhaul to the point where it uses Action similar to Git Action/ 8n8 automation, etc. Just give us more options or something that is much more flexible than that old Static, Single and Database connection. There need to be like a 4th option that say Action where one can create their own flow with a auth provider or something. I am exhausted because of Wappler Security Provider Options.

1 Like

Bump

Also would like to see this sometime soon please

3 Likes

@George Is this what I think it is? :slight_smile: (Wappler 6.0.4)

2 Likes

It is still work in progress :slight_smile: but yes it is the beginning of passport.js integration.

Still brainstorming of the best integration and what you really want to do with it.

The current plans are at least having our Security Provider as passport.js provider so you can use it also on any route.

More integration ideas are welcome :slight_smile:

4 Likes