Can wappler do server side API's?

Hi All,

I’m new here and currently on the 14-day trial. I have been researching systems for some time now and landed on Wappler, I guess, due to its ability to spit out and add just good code.

I noticed that the latest update included more workflow builders and what looks to be a new API Connector.

I’m wondering if this API connector will allow me to perform backend functions, like having an API populate my database—something similar to the link below.

The reason for this is i want to keep front end APIs connecting to certain databases, then have external API’s connecting to my back end and populating other databases (unless i can not due to contract requirements etc). i dont care if it is not to drag and drop like buildship, but just the functionality to do some of it would be nice.

Thank you in advance for your help and hopefully i can get an answer before the next 8 days :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi Robert, and welcome to our humble abode.

Rather than answer you directly, I decided to see what Copilot had to say on the subject, with this result.

I could not have said it better.

3 Likes

Adding to @ben’s answer. On server projects in Wappler there is Server Connect. You can add API actions in any Server Connect there as well to push or pull data via APIs and your API keys are not exposed to users.

2 Likes

Thanks for the infomation.

i guess last question for API’s

I want to be able to monitorize APIs and sell them, already have a small market for it from customer requests.

can the workflow system be used to say as a a rough idea

if member selects purchase API Key,
Generate API Key
provide memeber with API key

then on the back end
generate API key for (insert API name)
add counter?

and that is probobly it off the top of my head.

Yes, there have been a few discussions on here about creating API keys for users. It’s completely possible with Wappler, although it will require some thinking about how you want to build it.

There’s also been discussions over the years about integrating Passport. I think that could make things a little easier with this.

i noticed this post

this is what i need to be able to pull off, have external parties sign up, get the API demo data then move to production once they flick a switch. meaning i will have to provide a API for each of my customers data lines. not hard i assume with the workflow builder.

1 Like