Can I use Wappler without Bootstrap?

@sitestreet Hey Jon thanks for your reply.

It does take time, I have done it previously a few times I know how difficult it is (not at all but time consuming as you say yes) but what I really want is control.

Not trying to reinvent the wheel but I want control over what I am doing and what I am building based on my branding styles. How can one differentiate their business from the rest by using the same branding as everybody else, where is the customized experience, I am talking business here not serving clients online as a web developer, obviously 2 totally different things.

Obviously Webflow doesn’t have any of the back end solutions available and yes you have to use the extentions but I can style what my users see exactly as I want which Bootstrap doesn’t do.
And of course why would I pay 40 euros subscription to drop a few blocks and elements and then break all styles apart so I can use mine.

I think we should stop this conversation for now.

I am a designer this is not a tool for a designer, designers don’t like CSS Frameworks it impairs us, developers for sure must love it, cuts the middle man.

Does wappler have a native database?

Thanks for your input, I am out.

@htatd Not a matter of preference now come on. It’s a matter of necessity.

It’s an A to B problem solution here.

Wappler does not allow for CSS customization natively you have to use BS which with you can’t provide custom solutions and fullfil branding requirements unless you tinker.

This is not a designer’s tool I am sorry.

Thanks again.

Wappler works with your own database. I use MySQL or MariaDB but it supports others.

1 Like

@sitestreet

Thank you.

1 Like

Then I think you’re right, Wappler isn’t for you. Wappler is a low-code tool for developers.

But I do think you should look more at Bootstrap as you really can design anything with it. It’s a help not a hinderance.

And if you’re designing for the web then you will come up against things that impair you anyway. HTML, for example. You will be putting your designs into a browser which will have it’s own limitations. Bootstrap helps you overcome those issues making you free to design as you wish to.

1 Like

I think you are not correct with these assumptions here. Bootstrap sites are not supposed to look the same way, for example half of the Bubble websites look the same to me - same color scheme, layout and fonts.

You can take a look at the showcase section - https://community.wappler.io/c/showcase/17 and you can find all the sites with their own branding and styling. And that is not really hard to do, Wappler does not limit you here.

And just a few random examples:

as well as https://www.pukkatravels.com/ (@sid still waiting for a brief description so we can post this site in the showcase section :slight_smile: )

1 Like

@Teodor

No worries thank you.

How exactly doesn’t it allow you to customize the css? Just because it uses bootstrap doesn’t mean you can’t design any look and feel you want. I can design in Wappler any look and “branding” you’ll make with any other solution

1 Like

Would you describe selecting colours like this as ‘tinkering’?

If so, you indeed have the option to do a lot of tinkering - and Wappler has tools built in to assist with this.

Definitely Teodor. Will add it to my todo for the weekend. Have started 4th project for this group, so been busy. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I’ll kindly translate for you.

Long live Bootstrap y la madre que os parió -> Long live bootstrap and the mother that bore you all.

Hey @TomD thanks again for this so you can actually change colors for Primary/Secondary etc? That’s great I didn’t realize this before, briliant thanks!

Can I also change my typography styles, like font family, size, weight etc? Also my margins/paddings?

Furthermore as a designer what happens if an update breaks my database somewhere (I got that from that earlier post you shared with me where someone had an issue with his database on an update because the update will not inform us where the errors occur etc.)
How will I make sure my website visitors are not in any security risk?

How would I as a designer fix any error basically?

I am still confused is this product for me or should I go with Webflow?

Opinions differ so far and I am more confused than anything else :confused:

Thanks again.

Am I Spanish?

@JonL Jonas can you please don’t comment on my post if possible because I feel you are not trying to help me specifically on a personal level?

Yep, you can do all of that:

This is the basic tab but there’s the advanced where you can pretty much override everything that bootstrap sets.

What are you actually trying to build? Perhaps telling us that will help the conversation.

One key thing with Webflow is you have to keep the subscription running to keep the site live. So what if they put their prices up? What if they sell out to another company who change its direction? What if they disappear? You’re completely tied into them for everything and I see that as incredibly risky especially if building sites for clients.

@sitestreet

I am not building for clients I want to build a marketplace web app with a simple user login and client login.
Client uploads listings, users browse listings.
That’s it

Webflow shouldn’t go anywhere at least for the forseeable future and you can always download your code right?

*EDIT:
Wappler should go way before Webflow if size is important

Thanks!

Front end code I think you can download, not sure about anything it can do or allow regarding dynamic stuff, though.

In all honesty, Wappler is absolutely perfect for this.

Yes. You could edit the BS file directly but it would probably take you several hours to accomplish the same result (and it would be a bad idea anyway). I mentioned in a thread, before Wappler’s Theme Manager was available:

And if you’re not happy with the colour scheme - you can try a completely different one in a few seconds.

Yes, there are hundreds of variables you can change. There’s a basic section (for colours, fonts, enabling transition and shadows) and an advanced section, eg:

One way or another, you’ll have to have backups etc, whether or not you use Git as discussed in the thread I mentioned. However, I think this area of Wappler needs a better solution and I’m sure the team is aware of it.

Of course not.

FYI just because you open a post doesn’t make it “your post”. You asked for help and the community
including myself jumped to help you.

Then you got all defensive because we all here agree that bootstrap is more useful than writing plain CSS and you start spreading misinformation about Bootstrap out of ignorance or because you have a hidden agenda.

I’m starting to get the impression that you bring food to your house by being that middleman you mentioned previously and this bothers you somehow or you are just here to promote competitors.

You are constantly backtracking every other post. First you thank people for their help and the next post you just bash Bootstrap/Wappler, and promote competition and your CSS skills over the most popular CSS framework.

And you just did it again while I was writing this. You clearly have a hidden agenda, and I feel sorry for all the people that are still trying to help you.

1 Like