Zoo Basel Website

VISIT WEBSITE

This week we present you another website built with Wappler by André Bender, known in our community as @swf.

Here’s the description he kindly provided:

For Basel Zoo, we have created a very special, multilingual website that matches the CD of the zoo. In addition to the latest news, the blog, events, animal lexicon and a variety of nature conservation topics, the visitor is offered a variety of services and further information in a simple and clear structure.

Various forms enable visitors to book events, sign up for sponsorship or register for the newsletter. A media area is available to media representatives for easy access to images, texts and videos.
Our easy-to-use administration tool allows the zoo to manage the data and content of the website flexibly and quickly.

The website is of course responsive and is therefore optimally displayed on every device.

12 Likes

Great website, congratulations and thanks for sharing with us.

Out of interest @swf have you created an administration CMS tool that you reuse on multiple websites, or do you go through the process of creating a unique CMS for each website on a case by case basis.

1 Like

Thanks psweb :slight_smile:

Regarding the cms: we have a Wappler built cms that we reuse for all of our projects. We extend it if a client has additional needs. So we use the same code for all projects but just show/hide what the specific client needs.

5 Likes

Very nice site @swf.

I’d LOVE to hear more about the cms you’ve built.

2 Likes

Are the titles dynamic? how did you do that with Wappler?

Must have used a standard SQL PDO for that or a pre-render type service, as far as I know this is not possible just with direct bindings being used.
Hopefully I am wrong though and @swf found a way to make them work.

1 Like

Yes, this is a very boring thing…
I have to program in php to make it happen

The rendering of nodejs could be the same as next.js @George, @patrick

I am assuming the rendering is going to be more predominant in node.js, basically the same as many of the others, AngularJS, React, Vue.js, jQuery etc.

Right this moment funnily enough I am busy doing some testing on using prerender.io but far more seriously this time round, just finished getting some of the initial setup together. I was concerned about the service price, however looking at it more carefully a 250 page website is free with a page refresh once a day.
20k pages which is their next package up is $84usd per month with a daily cache refresh, however with a cache freshness of 30days the same 20k pages is only $9 per month, and you are allowed to manually refresh any page you like as often as you like if you use their API to do it.

Therefore for most of my sites i could use the free version, if they have a CMS i could use the API, and it would auto refresh every day.
For my larger sites they should never cost more than $9 per month which I think is pretty decent to offset to the client.

1 Like

You can use Wappler to fill in meta tag data but not for Facebook (Facebook doesn’t understand JS based data yet). That’s why we’re using standard php for all of the meta tags.

So all of the titles are dynamic. All of the links on the page are made with routes and added with php in the meta url with a slugify script.

1 Like

I also found a similar issue with the schema tags, although I am unsure if Google is really reading this correctly and their testing tool is just showing it incorrectly.

A post was split to a new topic: Making bilingual site