YouTube Video Training on Project

I purchased a 1000,00 ZAR, which is only 71,55 USD Astro A10 Gaming headset with a mic for my last two videos and that was worse quality than my Samsung S8+ prepackaged earpieces. The most disappointing of all was the built in microphone on the MacBook Pro 2014 and MacBook Pro 2011 and MacMini 2011, I tried them, and all were terrible. My Mic should be here soon though so just waiting for that before i produce more bad audio.

Well done @Hyperbytes !

Looking good! I do like your narration - can’t detect that you got a cold :slight_smile:

As for the site - maybe add more action buttons on the home - to get started directly not only via the menu.

Also you might need links on the logo for home and on the About Wappler.
Other that that - great start! Keep it up!

Done a quick tidy up @George and added the missing bits, have a new dynamic replacement under development.

2 Likes

Full re-make of Wappler Unwrapped released. Now fully dynamic and includes 3rd party content (including @psweb’s great content and some youtube content. Should be back to making videos from tomorrow.

1 Like

Hi Brian,

The remake looks better indeed. Good work!

Its a bit confusing from the home page whereever you are linking to your basic videos or to Paul’s full CMS site building course.

Also maybe you should check with @psweb - if this kind of video inclusion is all fine - because you are missing a bit the linking of his site and his backstory. Maybe it will be better instead of including them to link to learnwappler site?

Maybe @ben as learning master can provide some feedback as well :slight_smile:

@Hyperbytes I am happy either way you want to link to my pages of text & video to be honest, I think the idea of having all the resources available from a single site is a good idea as we had discussed previously, and on my site I will do something similar. In the end of the day if both sites have all the training resources available then the end user has everything at their fingertips.

I do not think the linking is confusing as to where each training set is sourced in my opinion. Let’s see what the rest of the community thinks and see if @ben and @George have some added feedback.

1 Like

Just so everyone knows, myself and @psweb work and talk together as a team, it’s not competition, it’s collaboration

5 Likes

Couldn’t have said it better, @Hyperbytes.

Nothing like common interests and common goals to make people into a community.

1 Like

I just got a message right this instant, my mic is on a courier and making its way to my doorstep, before 5pm SA time today. Thank you Wappler, thank you @George. Super excited to start tutorials without 2 hour long audio cleaning that generally only produces worse results than the original. :blush::yum::sunglasses::triumph::face_with_monocle::nerd_face:

1 Like

Still won’t beat my £8.44 headset from eBay :grin: Looking forward to your next instalment, really enjoying them and more importantly learning from them!

1 Like

Haha, if it doesn’t get better than all mics before then I will make the switch to PC, haha. Then i would loose all faith in Mac. Of course i think it’s the computer and not just me… lol

If you have any old PCs you can access then rebuild one, running Wappler on Linux is pretty cool

1 Like

Actually you can run Linux in a Virtual Machine on Windows 10 - runs pretty well and is nice for testing:

https://blog.couchbase.com/hyper-v-run-ubuntu-linux-windows/

1 Like

I used to be in IT so my home is like a graveyard of old hardware and some fairly current too so its quite easy for me to test. Luckily most of the hardware I never even purchased. Clients come here with their new amazing hardware and their old, ask me to transfer everything across and then say, do you want this old thing Paul, I have no need for it anymore. Haha, so I score free older hardware quite often. 90% of the time if you swap out the HDD with an SSD that old hardware runs almost as fast as their new stuff.

I have 4 macs, 2011 MacBook Pro, 2014 MacBook Pro, 2011 MacMini, 2010 Mac Pro.
I must have about 10 old PC’s laying around and 2 fairly decent new ones for my daughters and 3 have been turned into OSX86 Hackintoshes just because I like to fiddle.
The only time i ever played with Linux funnily enough was installing a strange version to a PlayStation3.
And lastly I have an old Spark20 running Solaris on the Unix platform, with a Micropollis drive.

Point being that between all this I will find a way to make the Audio quality better, where theres a will theres a way.

1 Like

Just finished video 10 with my new Wappler Mic and damn it is like day and night, busy in post production with it now so you will all get a link to it pretty soon.
Thanks again to Wappler, @George and of course the man who started it all @mrbdrm

4 Likes

psweb, I just use Audition or Audacity to record audio. Both are light weight enough that I can run on my Macbook Pro which is a 2013 model, or a laptop which is a 2012 model. I have the Yeti and barely get any noise at all. The mic you got performs just as well. If you get a hum or static, I would use a powered USB and make sure none of the wires are touching. You might know all this already, but I didn’t.

1 Like

I use ScreenFlow for the video and audio recording, then right at the end i export the audio out into Audacity and try sort out audio, however with this new mic, i did not have to do anything additional, recorded Audio and Video directly in ScreenFlow and it was perfect first time.
Only slight issue I have is that because i generally do my recordings at like midnight, my entire household is sleeping so I have to be very quiet, so the gain control on the mic was awesome but i still had the set the volume a little higher in the application.

2 Likes

Hi @psweb now you can open your own new radio with this new Mic… radio Wappler :slight_smile:

yes maybe @psweb should start a podcast :slight_smile: he loves to talk anyway :slight_smile: - why not record all the time!

1 Like

Haha, I do love to talk, lol, one day when I am rich and have more time on my hands I will certainly do just that, Radio Wappler sounds like a winner!!
And I thought nobody knew that I liked to talk :nerd_face::nerd_face::nerd_face::nerd_face:

2 Likes