YouTube Video Training on Project

You are getting famous too quickly Paul! :slight_smile: that is not normal for new sites :slight_smile:

I hate those AV programs that think they are too smart and scare us with false positive warnings …

Its like if you get a new credit card and they would say to you - no you can’t use it because it is too new :slight_smile: duh …

1 Like

Lol, yeah it’s good though i have already had 60 visitors to the website to watch the videos, so i’m glad people are using it.

60 people watching 6 hours video - its good that it is all on youtube, otherwise you will be out of bandwidth quickly as more people join in

I see you also improved the home page :slight_smile: well done!

1 Like

Thanks yeah, I took your suggestions and went with it, hopefully with a colour coding for each type of tutorial people will find it simpler to get to what they want.
I would have been totally out of bandwidth, thank goodness for YouTube.

This is one of the few times that I have been enthralled by instructional videos that lasted longer that 7 minutes. When I thought, why didn’t he stop un-authorised access to the page and why didn’t he create a template for the basic layout, lo and behold, up comes the Restrict Page and the creation of MASTER.php.

Thank you Paul (@psweb), well done.

2 Likes

Ahh, thank you so so much Ben, really appreciate it. So happy you are enjoying them.

1 Like

I just wanted to say thank you to all the people who have all had positive comments on this training so far, it makes me happy that i have contributed something worth while, it got me a free microphone (still coming on Africa mail), and to be honest the best part of all the comments is something far more obscure and important to me.

As a developer, especially one locked away in a dark little office by himself, with no other developers around, it is very difficult to ever gauge if what you are doing, and how you are doing things is actually any good, maybe it is all totally below average or maybe it is more than required, or just plain fine.
To get compliments from my family, saying “ah dad, I think that is really nice” as opposed to many other respected developers saying a simple well done is just a totally different feeling.

Thanks again guys and galls, much appreciated.

5 Likes

Dear Paul
we should thank you! You take time from your family to make this so long corse! who works know very well what kind of effort needs to make such big job!

2 Likes

Video 9 in the set is up for anyone who wants. https://www.learnwappler.com/
Still on Old Mic, sorry new Mic is coming soon.

2 Likes

I click on Video 9 but do not work… please check the link in the website

1 Like

Please check again for me

2 Likes

Working perfectly for me Paul

1 Like

Hi All. released a few videos on Wapper Unwrapped albeit reluctantly. Suffering a terrible cold and you can tell on the videos and unhappy at some mistakes on narration i.e. referring to databases when I mean tables etc! I will be remastering them as soon as I am well. Site has been thrown together but didn’t want people to think i had lost interest. At least it may give a flavour of what is to come, good or bad!

Feedback, good or bad welcome. I’m not perfect, i don’t mind constructive criticism.

3 Likes

AWESOME, I am busy starting, got my popcorn ready, thanks so much Hyperbytes, will let you know what I learnt when im done.

I imagine it’s pretty basic stuff for you @psweb

1 Like

There is always something gleamed from watching how somebody else does it, its amazing how 10 people can all produce similar results in different ways, but thanks for the compliment.

1 Like

Hi Hyperbytes…

I just saw video nr. 2… love when you say “little more complex but not so seriously” !!!
Very nice video and well done !

1 Like

Told you I would learn a different way to do something, even in the basic, that statemanager with the id changing from paged to pager is probably what has caused me some troubles in the past, good to know. Thanks.
Good video, Good audio, and great content in such short videos, just don’t know how everyone does the same thing so much quicker than me, haha.

1 Like

Thanks @psweb, my £8.44 eBay headset is amazingly good for the price. @updates, it’s amazing the rubbish I come out with when ad-libbing. even when i was teaching i hated anything scripted, sometimes the best learning,outcomes come from your mistakes!

2 Likes

It s very well done and now I will started to make sortable tables!!