YouTube Video Training on Project

Sure why not - @psweb - PM me your address! One blue yeti coming up!

4 Likes

Are you kidding @George, really really, that would be so damn amazing.

1 Like

If I could double like the posts i would. lol

@psweb i got you a mic!
Thanks alot @George

1 Like

@mrbdrm, I can hardly believe it but yes you did. Thanks so much, I am so so excited.

2 Likes

Actually I was about to suggest it myself - but @mrbdrm beat me to it :slight_smile:

And you definitely earn it @psweb - with your almost 6 hours video! Lynda.com courses are peanuts to what you have produced! So well thought and such a great use case - a full blown CMS that everybody here is asking for! This is the least we can do.

3 Likes

I am still in shock that you would do that for me, damn I am excited, so appreciated.

I couldn’t find the blue yeti indeed, so maybe this is a good alternative?

https://www.takealot.com/samson-professional-usb-studio-microphone-with-audio-interface/PLID51942608

I read some reviews and it seems pretty good - hell it even have a guitar plugin, so if you feel artistic you can even record some high quality music :slight_smile:

Now sure about the deliver time tought - it is pretty unclear there on takealot. Or is pickup also an option?

1 Like

They normally deliver within 5 - 7 working days although if they have stock of the product in JHB (Johannesburg) it can be 2 days, otherwise like I often find I am stuck dealing with importitall.co.za who will get it from Amazon as their SA Partner.

That Mic review does look good, but don’t trust my Mic expertise haha, terrible

Just watched a YouTube Samson G-Track Pro vs Blue Yeti and even the review guy could hardly determine which was better or worse, they both look as good as each other, now i can add a Guitar outro to all my videos. With a lyric from the end of Teodor videos.

“And thats how easy it is with Wappler” haha

3 Likes

But not a robot voice i hope :joy:

1 Like

Well guys, noone at our team is a native English speaker, that’s why we are using Adobe Captivate text-to-speech engine :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Good suggestions by @mrbdrm for you @psweb but i think at the same time we must all accept that no site is without possible improvements and we must have some sort of cutoff point in training videos or they will never be finished. Perhaps some sort of grading like novice, intermediate & pro may be useful or we may find ourselves being so busy “tweaking” that we become less productive.
I was in charge of computer based training for a national training organisation for a few years and I confess i went the “granular training” route. Break each problem into small segments dealing with one concept at a time then tailoring full lessons by integrating the appropriate chunks into a full training outcome. Therefore something simple like “adding a menu” which is relevant to most data driven projects only had to be developed once and then “chained” to other snippets to form a full lesson. It also makes the process more manageable as if there are changes to be made then only a small segment needs to be re-authored. Either way, we need to accept that we have to have cut off points in any project.

3 Likes

@Hyperbytes that’s exactly what we are trying to achieve with our documentation.
Once you know how to: create a database query, list records on the page, insert a record, delete a record, update a record, secure a page - then you can just put all the things together and build your own CMS.

2 Likes

Well you guys are doing better than me, i only speak 1 language, English.

@Hyperbytes, I think this is always my problem in most website dev, I do something on one site thinking all is well and that is done, then i do another site and find a better way to do something, and I shouldn’t do it but i do, but i will go back and fix the other site too with the enhancement. Now 10 years in and probably 1000 websites later, if i look at even my first ones of 2017 they could have really benefited from so many things I have since learned.
As you say there has to just be some cut off point, just difficult to know where.

@Teodor, I think your training like for DMXZone works quite well to teach core concepts and we join them together, the issue was that a single extension changed like phpUpload2 way back when, and suddenly would no longer work with existing extensions as it did before, but all we had was a video on phpUpload2 so we did not always know how to get around the issue.

With Wappler it is better in the way that all extensions in it work seamlessly together because you have all added only what worked, if I were to install the extensions and found that i wanted responsive notify, i would have just assumed and stuck it in never knowing that maybe it needs an update to work correctly in the newer libraries. and no video would have told me that.
In another way it is worse because I think DMXZone customers were probably more hard core developer based, coming from jQuery, Java, ASP, PHP, etc, so we could put the small tutorials together into the larger picture. With Wappler targeting designers and the general public I think the tutorials need to be much more informative and detailed or they are going to get a little stuck.

Anyway just my thoughts on the matter.

2 Likes

Not certain about the issue but just went to the learnwappler.com site using the posted link and got a wndows error not allowing me to load the site – my AV marked the site as High Risk, blocked it and provided this message: “Access has been blocked as the threat Mal/HTMLGen-A] has been found on this website.”

Any thoughts?

Hmmm, that is quite strange, first time I have ever seen a brand new domain blacklisted within 2 days of being purchased. I am going to do a few tests and get it out of the blacklist services but i can assure you that the site has no strange malware on it so if your sophos allows it please just ignore the error or even better mark it as a false positive.
It is more than likely a DNS issue of some sort that caused it.
Thanks so much for letting me know, much appreciated.

According to mxtoolbox this is normal for any new domain in certain tlds and should auto fix itself after 5 days from date of domain registration. I’m going to wait a little and see what happens in 3 more days.

1 Like