YouTube Video Training on Project

Tutorial maker or short film producer? lol

Going to need you to create me a full feature poster @brad for my 19 hour film, haha

1 Like

Looking forward to seeing it. I like the idea of long in-depth tutorial. The short ones that DMX Zone has on YouTube are great to really showcase a certain feature or function, but they don’t show how to put all those things together to actually build something.

it will be very interesting to see long movie too.
Short movies gives you just explanation of single case, and they are very usefull. But long movie will be interesting to have complete outlook and see whole process !!

you could make a series on how to build a CRUD application with security.
that will cover alot of topics and it will have better focus.

2 Likes

I have to agree with some of the others – to do this right almost demands longer videos. If you do not cover all of the points, you do not teach well. And, there seem to be enough points in most of what we all attempt that even the “simple” things are long when it comes to detailed, UNDERSTANDABLE explanations.
So make the videos as long as you need – we will watch them

1 Like

Ok so I have some video ready for you guys as promised, it is only the first 8 videos of the set and there are quite a few to still come, unfortunately it all just takes far longer to do than anticipated, and to find the time between a normal working day is no easy task.

In this original topic of video length the poll clearly showed that everyone wanted longer in depth tutorials, which i went ahead and created. Step 1 √
You wanted video descriptions and annotations within YouTube that would allow for easy navigation to view the whole set, as well as easy searchability when looking for a particular extension. Step 2 X

Unfortunately not being an every day YouTuber, I had no clue that YouTube had pulled all Annotations from video and replaced them with Cards and Endings, so after upload I merrily went to annotate and was stumped. Unfortunately I was relying on annotations as the main way that you would all get through these easily.

Solution, I went into Wappler and quickly made a website, registered a .com, shoved embeds to all the YouTube videos on my own pages, then managed to control the YouTube playbacks with some API calls, and finally I have a 9 page website ready for all of you.
Home Page is just some text, the navigation dropdown at the top will get you to the 8 videos, to the bottom left of each video is a dropup component that you can choose to use or just just watch each video from start to finish if you prefer.

The DropUp is my own solution to give the same functionality as annotations.

Here is my mini disclaimer before i put the link to the site, it is not a pretty little masterpiece of a website because I am possibly the worst designer ever born. I make pretty code and thats about it. I sent a sample to @George yesterday and he literally said

Its a good thing I understand people with low EQ have high IQ, haha, or I might have actually taken offence.
Anyway the point is, if you are a designer and you want to make the site look pretty, please send me a mockup and I will do just that, otherwise sorry for the ugly site.

It would be best if you watched the videos from the website so the dropups will work, ok without further delay, here is the link https://www.learnwappler.com/
The site is called learn wappler, the header of that silly geek quote will be replaced soon, its just for a little color.
Hope you all enjoy and it helps a little.

2 Likes

Great work Paul!

Well your site looks much better now! So my comment is not valid any more :slight_smile:

Now I’m going to watch all the videos :slight_smile:

Btw as for Youtube annotations - well that is why people make smaller videos and a playlist :slight_smile:
So your playlist as actually the whole video but just cut in peaces.

1 Like

Thanks George, lol, I can not make small videos, haha, even to just say hi is 10 minutes gone. :slight_smile:
I am happy it looks a little better, I must have looked at 30 sites to get that one. Let me know if you have any suggested alterations, doesn’t matter how difficult they are to code, i know a bloody smart coder named George.

1 Like

What a big job Paul!!
Now I going to sit down and watch the movie!
Thank you very much!!

1 Like

I’ve just had a quick look and viewed a couple of extracts. Looks really good and helpful. The ‘Skip Video to Position’ idea is an excellent solution.

Thanks.

(PS I can recommend a good microphone)

1 Like

lol @psweb, we have has the similar idea, you have learnwappler.com, i have registered wapplerunwrapped.online

2 Likes

Well done @Hyperbytes - looking forward to your courses!

1 Like

Thanks everyone, glad you all seem to be happy with the videos.
@updates - I really hope they help.

@TomD - Yes please any Mic ideas would be great, I have heard of those Blue Yeti ones which would be great, but their price is also pretty steep, lol, well at least in South African money they are. So happy you like the Skip Video function i came up with as a work around to YouTube troubles.

@Hyperbytes - Lol great minds hey, can not wait to see you videos too, so excited. If you know how to use those conditional steps in the filters of the query right at the top i would love to see that. Yeah

Now all we need is someone to do Framework tutorials or anything mobile and i would be oh so happy.

@Hyperbytes, because you also did a domain for yours as did I would you consider also trying to head some backlinks back to the wappler site to assist their SEO a little, I think i did like 2 or 3 links sporadically placed between the pages on the domain i got.

I should point out that I know very little about microphones. However I bought this one a couple of years - Samson CO1U Pro USB Mic - and am very pleased with it. Here’s someone talking about it on YouTube.

(It’s the mic I used for the little demo I sent you a while ago.)

1 Like

Hey @psweb thanks for the videos. i have some notes :slightly_smiling_face:

i wish you add some small details that will improve the feel of your web apps
-on the forms. you should disable the form buttons so the user doesn’t double click.
-on the modals with a form to edit a record. you should hide the form until the server is done loading the record.
-on the videos. your voice is really low. i have my volume at max and cant hear you.

Thanks @mrbdrm, I am looking into getting a proper mic at the moment to try improve audio quality, I am on a MacBook Pro which I know has semi decent speakers and even there at full volume it is quite soft unfortunately.

I like your ideas too on the improvements on the app, will take a look at implementation for the next videos. It is one of those cases where you spend so much time on the BIG picture that sometimes i forget about all the little things that make a big difference.

1 Like

You should definately go for the Blue Yeti, it is awesome and not that expensive for PRO mic.

https://www.bluedesigns.com/products/yeti/

ah and it goes very well with your Mac :slight_smile:
Its quite heavy though!

How about you guys donate one for him. after all he is promoting wappler :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes