Wappler DB Manager fails when no database name is given

Getting this error messages (I can’t select it) on Wappler DB connections

Connecting to Supabase, a Firebase alternative, basically Postgres under the hood:

And the unselectable error message

Looks like Wappler DB connector is making some assumptions that don’t pass.

and now I’m stuck not able to pull the left side menu back to its place… :slight_smile:

Any layout reset buttons please?

EDIT: For those of you looking for a Save My Life button, it’s right here :slight_smile:

OK. Tried MariaDB, PostgreSQL… nothing works.

I get an OK connection, try to add a “users” db and apply database changes. Then poof, my tables folder is now empty (even though it’s included in changes).

Adding the users table

Applying changes

Now, not able to add that table to security provider

MariaDB, same thing… Things I can do in code in 2 seconds take me hours of fiddling and bugs. Do do you guys even use Wappler on a day to day basis?

Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong here again?

No problems here with the DB manager. Although I am still on 3.7.2 so I can’t confirm for latest version.
Have you tried starting a clean dummy project and adding the connection again just to rule out is not a misconfiguration in your actual project?

Dummy project. Same thing…

I’m just creating a users table and pushing changes. Gets updated then it’s gone. You can see it in changes but not in tables.

Seems like a bug with the latest version or an edge case. I’ve recategorised your post as a bug so the team can check.

is anyone able to add a table to a new db and apply database changes on the latest Wappler?

@Teodor you might have missed this one as it was recategorised from how-to to bug. I can’t test in the latest version.

Still working for me.

Do you have this only with Postgres?

So connection ok but just fails after one table creation? Si the table all created fine?

What version is your Postgres and how/where is it running?

works all fine to me with Postgres:

The initial error you get is not a connection error but an error fetching your db schema:

this means that multiple rows are returned for your schema, so there is probably much more already in your database… and something is wrong there

@George Postgres 9.6 - clean freshly deployed - connection OK - I add a users table - udpdate changes - and it’s gone even though it’s there in changes

Could you try newer version?

Also you mentioned mariadb?

Have you given a database name to select in your connection settings?

1 Like

@George finally got it to work hallelujah!!! the db name!

For the postgres it didn’t help because I already had a default but for some reason cleaned up the migrations and connections in /.wappler and connected.

For mariadb, no luck. Changes errors before I even start. How do I bootstrap it if I have no DB in the first place?

Oh, I see where I was getting stuck: you have to select a particular DB and work from there. No wonder I didn’t see any information schemas.

But why not show the entire DB in Wappler and have everything from there? If I need to go somewhere else to set up dbs in the first place then it beats the point of having a DB manager integrated no?

So now I am back to square 1 after getting a basic postgres to work.

I still need to work with Supabase but it seems the code is making too many assumptions. Why should it be a problem if there are multiple rows for my schema? I work with it just fine on TablePlus

EDIT: btw it’s a just a Postgres. I work with it with TablePlus as Postgres without issues.

I could do the DB work outside Wappler but then that would beat the point if I can’t hook up any security providers

Unfortunately Knex(the whole DB manager is based on it) doesn’t allow to create/drop databases.