Wappler Beta 9 & 10 - no database connections

When I follow the instructions Using Managed Databases with the Resource Manager to set up a new database cluster or server, they don’t appear in Globals or Database Manager.

According to the instructions:

However, for me I have not been able to get the DB connections to show up in the Globals or Database Manager without adding them the same way as before. Is this expected behavior? Maybe I’m just misunderstanding the feature… I figured once I set up the items in Resource Manager, I’d be able to access them in an API step for example.

Issue has been tested on beta 9 on Windows, Mac, Linux. The resources added in the new Resource Manager are only appearing in the Targets selection, nowhere else (so I’m still having to manually set up the database Global for it to show up for any uses inside Wappler)

Thanks for any light you can shed on this.

NodeJS
Windows 10, macOS latest, and Ubuntu 20.04 exhibit the same behavior (no automatic creation of the DO databases anywhere except Target - maybe this is how it should work?)

======== TEMPLATE BUG FORM ========

Wappler Version : 5 beta 10
Operating System : Ubuntu 20.04

Just to confirm the issue still happens for me on beta 10. I am guessing I am missing a step or not understanding the feature, as I don’t see any other posts about this over the last week.

Did you select the cloud database in the target options? And choose which database name to use?

Yes, I was able to select the cloud database for two different Targets on the project settings (selected appropriate live/dev cloud database for both). However, after saving the Target settings, the cloud databases were never listed under Database Manager or Globals.

Any chance I need to take a specific action to prompt Wappler to generate the connections, beyond just selecting them in Targets? Thanks for your time!

This will be solved in the next update

1 Like

3 posts were split to a new topic: Wappler 5 using cloud database don’t create db connect on local development target

This has been fixed in Wappler 5.0.1

This topic was automatically closed after 46 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.