Wappler 5 using cloud database don’t create db connect on local development target

@George I was just exploring the Wappler 5.0.0 release and am having this issue. Any chance this snuck into the release?

Steps I followed…

1. macOS 12.4, admin user

2. Installed Docker Desktop and Homebrew - both working and seen by Wappler in System Check

3. Installed Wappler 5, set up new Docker project (same result for me if I choose Wappler Local Hosting w/ NodeJS)

4. Added DO account in Resource Manager using API key and connected to Postgres v14 database cluster to Resource Manager and created new DB inside Wappler successfully

1. Went to targets, selected newly created Cloud Database for Development target

1. Made site edits, deployed a few times… never saw the database connection ever show up for me. No connections are made under Databases or Globals …?

Am I missing a step (do I have to still manually set these up?), or does a certain page or other element need to exist in a project before Wappler will generate the connections?

As a side note, I tried to add Linode to the Resource Manager using my API to see if things worked differently with Linode, but the connection for Linode is not successful for me.

(When this happens, I have to Force Quit Wappler. I see there are some bug icons on the screen, so if I can enable any debugging to help solve this, just let me know!)

Thank you for all your help!

Hmm normally the database Connect called “db” should be created after you save your target settings and have chosen to use a cloud database.

Maybe it isn’t because you are using just a local develop target but it should work there as well.

I will check it out.

Thank you for looking into it! This looks like a wonderful development to have access to inside Wappler.

If it helps – I’ve tried using the Resource Manager a few ways on a few projects with the same result, so I have had this whether on a blank project with only one Target or an existing project with three Targets.

This has been fixed in Wappler 5.0.1

This topic was automatically closed after 46 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.