Upload Files to API via Server Connect

presently, we can upload file(s) to own server using Server Connect via Forms. (ref: Uploading Multiple Files To Your Server)

this is good, thank you.

the request:

please add a feature to allow to upload files directly to a 3rd party server by using an API.

this will perticularly be helpful for intensive business critical web apps where separate modules requires files to be uploaded to separate locations on various 3rd party services like google drive, S3, etc.

thank you.

I already sent a similar request here:

@George may we connect/split that topic?

Yes - as the title says this request is for Server side upload from server to remote server.

While the topic @foxy88 refers to is for client side upload through the API Form - which is actually already possible. As any HTML5 form file upload.

1 Like

requesting an update on this request please. any chance this will be done with the next major update?

Sorry this won’t make it in the upcoming major update but will see if we can make it in the next updates afterwards

4 Likes

I would be interested in this too, just now needed it. Is it still planned? (I’m also curious about the custom database query’s release)

4 Likes

It is still planned, hope to get started with it very soon. We had a lot of work with other big updates that we didn’t have time to work on this earlier.

4 Likes

Did this ever get implemented?

requesting an update on this request please. any chance this will be done with the next major update?

not yet :frowning:

Yes, I’d really like to update directly to Amazon S3 from within a Server Action… not sure what is involved but it sounds like it isn’t possible at the moment… :frowning:

we did implement this by creating a new ASHX file - configuring it is manual process but rather simple.

@sid pls generalise and share our solution (for ASP & PHP both) with a usage guide when you find time. that will help community at large while Wappler integrates a better solution.

2 Likes

Bump! This is becoming mission critical… I need to be able to upload to Amazon S3 very very soon…

I think that the issue will be that there are so many cloud storage providers that it will be hard for the team to integrate with them all and keep up to date with changes. All of these providers can already be used with their respective API’s.

I’ve created this poll to gather interest in which services are more popular. It then gives the team a better idea of what we are all looking for and might even prompt some of us to share our own solutions with the community.

• AWS S3
  • Google Cloud Storage
  • Azure Storage
  • Wasabi
  • BackBlaze B2
  • DigitalOcean Spaces
  • Linode Object Storage
  • Vultr Object Storage
  • Scaleway Object Storage

0 voters

Adding my 10 cents worth here. I voted for AWS S3 but if it is done request to be able to create new buckets, specify bucket to create folders as well as post, get and delete files.

1 Like

BackBlaze B2 now has S3 compatible APIs.

So if/when the Wappler team adds functionality for Server Connect to upload files directly to S3, then that could (in theory) also allow Server Connect to upload files to BackBlaze B2 without much additional integration work for the Wappler team.

Digital Ocean Spaces also seems to have some compatibility with S3 APIs.

1 Like

Digital Ocean Spaces also seems to have some compatibility with S3 APIs.

Indeed, and that works perfectly :+1: , we use it in a project programmed in Python.

Hello,

How can I create a form to upload a file directly to a third-party through its API?

I need to send a file using the POST method as described below:

curl --request POST \ 
  --url 'https://www.externalwebsite' \
  --form 'apikey=<apikey>' \
  --form 'file=@/path/to/file'

Thank you