Unable to set Production credentials on database

Wappler Version : 3.7.4
Operating System : mac
Server Model: node
Database Type: postgres
Hosting Type: heroku

Expected behavior

I should be able to set the direct connection and server connect credentials for a heroku database, after having creating a development db.

Actual behavior

I have no option to add the credentials in Production

But do have a working Development db

I can resolve this by first setting new credentials in the server connect connection, but I would expect to be able to do this in db manager as well. But regardless, I still have no Direct Connect button in db manager.

1 Like

Actually all credentials are just active target dependent.

So if you want to set credential for production - just change the target to your production target and change the credentials.

Does that work for you?

But that is what I did – I changed to Production and tried to set credentials in the db manager. You can see in the screenshot, there is no option to set credentials. I had to go over to the server connect and change credentials there, but did not have any way still, to enter direct connection.

I’ll retest this one to see if 3.7.6 still has the issue.

Ah now I see what you mean - the button for the “Direct Database Connection” is missing when you define the target afterwards.

I will check that out.

I just tried in 3.7.6 and can’t get beyond the heroku login. I think I reported this elsewhere as well but will include here in case I didn’t!

chrome_debug.log 6.zip (4.6 KB)

Here’s the original report:

Well Heroku login is a different issue - can you try to click first on the Heroku login in the toolbar, or execute heroku login in a terminal somewhere?

Correct, I think because of the login issue, I created a new target.

Did some quick tests in 3.7.6 and everything seems correct for existing targets, but the direct connection button is still missing if the target is created manually.

1 Like

What do you mean exactly by manually? You created the target afterwards or you created the server connect, database connection in SC?

Once a properly initialized heroku project is setup, I can go in and add another target under project settings. If I do that, then activate the new target, and go to the db manager, the db connections will be visible, but I won’t see the direct connection button.

1 Like

This has been fixed in Wappler 3.7.7

This topic was automatically closed after 44 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.