SQL debugging using built-in terminal

I vaguely noticed the built-in terminal was mentioned in the last update, but have only just looked at it. I think it’s a great feature.

I usually use a text editor to display SQL queries as they’re executed. However it’s much more convenient to do this directly within Wappler. Open the terminal panel and enter:
powershell -nologo "& “Get-Content -Wait C:\wamp\logs\mysql_query.log -Tail 10”
… now as you test searching and sorting etc., by control+clicking the relevant buttons, you will see each query as soon as it’s executed. This is with Wamp installed on Windows. I imagine it would work in the same way on a Mac. I can’t remember if the log file is enabled by default - I think perhaps it isn’t.

3 Likes

Nice one Tom!

I was thinking of offering powershell as direct terminal choice instead of the good old CMD only, but wasn’t sure if anybody uses it :slight_smile:

Actually we are doing a lot of shell commands from the publishing toolbar already, like the FTP, the cordova building for mobile apps and later more integrations will come there for like Google firebase stuff

2 Likes

Great tip @TomD thank you for sharing!

I agree @TomD, a nice catch.

And George for what it is worth, I would vote for CMD over PowerShell. I am so use to CMD that I just cannot get adjusted to the PowerShell syntax

2 Likes