Slideshow Image Resize not working on Mac

i did not seen that you asked about OS, sorry for that. I told already in some other issue im using mac OS high seirra

Ok, please don’t open several topics for the same issue.

I’m not… I actually mean it different issues… Before me there is a person who reported slideshow issue on mac,

please look at this person issue: Slideshow error

1 Like

It seems like Wappler works well in windows than mac… Please take more testing on mac as well…
mac version of wappler lack in so many issues since day one that i installed, For example: Auto update wasn’t worked, also when closing or exit the app it wasnt closing the icon. this issue was exist on before 1,4.0 version. Now all this works fine and i appreciate that you guys doing quick releases…

But slidehow component issue i expected that will be fixed on 1.5.0 for mac. but not…So please take quick action on this issue…if its possible.

@thines,
Wappler works equally well on Mac, Windows and Linux and we test it on all the platforms.
This small issue will be fixed, but there is nothing too serious. For now just import your images one by one (by adding slides in the app structure) or import them without using the resize option… not a show stopper really.

8 posts were split to a new topic: Slideshow not displayed on remote target

A post was split to a new topic: Menu items not marked as active

Well I just checked on the Mac and everything works just fine. I have no issues in resizing a whole folder of images and also the image types can be picked as desired

Is it still a problem with you @thines ?

What Mac OS do you have?

Maybe you can generate a Wappler Debug log?

As described in:

So make sure you restart Wappler with logging, then try to open the resize dialog that gives you the error and after that report the bug and attach the log file.

make sure you attach the log file to the post ( folder with it is open in Finder - you need to drag the zip the the topic editor here)

Hi George,

I have mac OS High Sierra, I have tried many time to do as you did for slideshow. But it didn’t work.

Please post a the Wappler debug log, as described above - so we can investigate further

This is what i see on debug mode…in console

Error: Cannot find module '../package.json' at Function.Module._resolveFilename (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:595:15) at Function.Module._load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:516:25) at Module.require (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:650:17) at require (internal/modules/cjs/helpers.js:20:18) at /Applications/Wappler.app/Contents/Resources/app.nw/Shared/DMXzone/dmxAppCreator/UI/sharp/lib/constructor.js:33:29 at Object.<anonymous> (/Applications/Wappler.app/Contents/Resources/app.nw/Shared/DMXzone/dmxAppCreator/UI/sharp/lib/constructor.js:42:3) at Module._compile (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:702:30) at Object.Module._extensions..js (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:719:10) at Module.load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:613:32) at tryModuleLoad (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:552:12) at Function.Module._load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:544:3) at Module.require (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:650:17) at require (internal/modules/cjs/helpers.js:20:18) at Object.<anonymous> (/Applications/Wappler.app/Contents/Resources/app.nw/Shared/DMXzone/dmxAppCreator/UI/sharp/lib/index.js:3:15) at Module._compile (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:702:30) at Object.Module._extensions..js (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:719:10)
TypeError: Cannot read property 'readdirSync' of undefined at w2form.updatePreview (chrome-extension://fjjllfpmlaejicjkpknbdicdakiijgjp/Shared/DMXzone/dmxAppCreator/UI/commands/dmxResizer3.js:179:22) at w2form.trigger (chrome-extension://fjjllfpmlaejicjkpknbdicdakiijgjp/Shared/DMXzone/dmxAppCreator/UI/w2ui/w2ui.min.js:8:34432) at chrome-extension://fjjllfpmlaejicjkpknbdicdakiijgjp/Shared/DMXzone/dmxAppCreator/UI/commands/dmxResizer3.js:168:15
TypeError: Cannot read property 'readdirSync' of undefined at w2form.updatePreview (chrome-extension://fjjllfpmlaejicjkpknbdicdakiijgjp/Shared/DMXzone/dmxAppCreator/UI/commands/dmxResizer3.js:179:22) at w2form.trigger (chrome-extension://fjjllfpmlaejicjkpknbdicdakiijgjp/Shared/DMXzone/dmxAppCreator/UI/w2ui/w2ui.min.js:8:34432) at HTMLInputElement.<anonymous> (chrome-extension://fjjllfpmlaejicjkpknbdicdakiijgjp/Shared/DMXzone/dmxAppCreator/UI/w2ui/w2ui.min.js:8:396639) at HTMLInputElement.dispatch (chrome-extension://fjjllfpmlaejicjkpknbdicdakiijgjp/Shared/DMXzone/dmxAppCreator/UI/jQuery/jquery-2.2.0.min.js:3:7519) at HTMLInputElement.r.handle (chrome-extension://fjjllfpmlaejicjkpknbdicdakiijgjp/Shared/DMXzone/dmxAppCreator/UI/jQuery/jquery-2.2.0.min.js:3:5600)
TypeError: Cannot read property 'readdirSync' of undefined at w2form.updatePreview (chrome-extension://fjjllfpmlaejicjkpknbdicdakiijgjp/Shared/DMXzone/dmxAppCreator/UI/commands/dmxResizer3.js:179:22) at w2form.trigger (chrome-extension://fjjllfpmlaejicjkpknbdicdakiijgjp/Shared/DMXzone/dmxAppCreator/UI/w2ui/w2ui.min.js:8:34432) at HTMLInputElement.<anonymous> (chrome-extension://fjjllfpmlaejicjkpknbdicdakiijgjp/Shared/DMXzone/dmxAppCreator/UI/w2ui/w2ui.min.js:8:396639) at HTMLInputElement.dispatch (chrome-extension://fjjllfpmlaejicjkpknbdicdakiijgjp/Shared/DMXzone/dmxAppCreator/UI/jQuery/jquery-2.2.0.min.js:3:7519) at HTMLInputElement.r.handle (chrome-extension://fjjllfpmlaejicjkpknbdicdakiijgjp/Shared/DMXzone/dmxAppCreator/UI/jQuery/jquery-2.2.0.min.js:3:5600)
TypeError: Cannot read property 'readdirSync' of undefined at w2form.updatePreview (chrome-extension://fjjllfpmlaejicjkpknbdicdakiijgjp/Shared/DMXzone/dmxAppCreator/UI/commands/dmxResizer3.js:179:22) at w2form.trigger (chrome-extension://fjjllfpmlaejicjkpknbdicdakiijgjp/Shared/DMXzone/dmxAppCreator/UI/w2ui/w2ui.min.js:8:34432) at chrome-extension://fjjllfpmlaejicjkpknbdicdakiijgjp/Shared/DMXzone/dmxAppCreator/UI/commands/dmxResizer3.js:168:15
TypeError: Cannot read property 'readdirSync' of undefined at buildIt (chrome-extension://fjjllfpmlaejicjkpknbdicdakiijgjp/Shared/DMXzone/dmxAppCreator/UI/commands/dmxResizer3.js:241:16) at HTMLButtonElement.onclick (chrome-extension://fjjllfpmlaejicjkpknbdicdakiijgjp/Shared/DMXzone/dmxAppCreator/UI/commands/dmxResizer3.htm?theme=dark&app=true:1:1)
TypeError: Cannot read property 'readdirSync' of undefined at buildIt (chrome-extension://fjjllfpmlaejicjkpknbdicdakiijgjp/Shared/DMXzone/dmxAppCreator/UI/commands/dmxResizer3.js:241:16) at HTMLButtonElement.onclick (chrome-extension://fjjllfpmlaejicjkpknbdicdakiijgjp/Shared/DMXzone/dmxAppCreator/UI/commands/dmxResizer3.htm?theme=dark&app=true:1:1)
1 Like

report_2018-9-21_12-0-56.zip (186.6 KB)

Here is restarted with logging on wappler produced file zip. Please look at it…thanks

1 Like

Thanks that is a huge help!

Those are the errors we need indeed.

unfortunately I don’t see them in the debug log - you have to reproduce the error and then send the log. Not before the error.

But we are getting there with your help @thines ! Still wondering why this happens only at your case.

@patrick will join the investigation also - we will nail this down :slight_smile:

Also maybe some other Mac users like @psweb, @pixlapps, @Marzio and @brad can check out if the image resizer works in their mac. When used to resize a whole folder of images in the Slideshow component.

Report any error you might see in the publishing panel below.

report_2018-9-21_12-19-31.zip (186.5 KB)

Hi George,

I could not restart the wappler with logging while image resizer opened… I have tried many time wappler doesn’t restart, But i managed to restart with logging after slidshow component added… Please check this and let me know this helps or not??

Will take a look and see George

Hi, If you guys want to come and see in my laptop using team viewer please let me know… I can do that. So you can investigate more about this issue… If this is only happened to me then better do so, Because i might do wrong when i create slideshow…

Found the problem!!

Oh boy this is stupid … seems our Mac distribution is just missing one very simple config file for the image resize…

We will fix it in the next update, but for temporally solution, unpack this zip:
package.json.zip (2.9 KB)

and copy the included package.json to:

/Applications/Wappler.app/Contents/Resources/app.nw/Shared/DMXzone/dmxAppCreator/UI/sharp

You can use the Finder and then Go from the menu, Go to Folder… to go straight to this folder.

So this is what should be in the folder:

/Applications/Wappler.app/Contents/Resources/app.nw/Shared/DMXzone/dmxAppCreator/UI/sharp