Slideshow Image Resize not working on Mac

A post was split to a new topic: Menu items not marked as active

Well I just checked on the Mac and everything works just fine. I have no issues in resizing a whole folder of images and also the image types can be picked as desired

Is it still a problem with you @thines ?

What Mac OS do you have?

Maybe you can generate a Wappler Debug log?

As described in:

So make sure you restart Wappler with logging, then try to open the resize dialog that gives you the error and after that report the bug and attach the log file.

make sure you attach the log file to the post ( folder with it is open in Finder - you need to drag the zip the the topic editor here)

Hi George,

I have mac OS High Sierra, I have tried many time to do as you did for slideshow. But it didnā€™t work.

Please post a the Wappler debug log, as described above - so we can investigate further

This is what i see on debug modeā€¦in console

Error: Cannot find module '../package.json' at Function.Module._resolveFilename (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:595:15) at Function.Module._load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:516:25) at Module.require (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:650:17) at require (internal/modules/cjs/helpers.js:20:18) at /Applications/Wappler.app/Contents/Resources/app.nw/Shared/DMXzone/dmxAppCreator/UI/sharp/lib/constructor.js:33:29 at Object.<anonymous> (/Applications/Wappler.app/Contents/Resources/app.nw/Shared/DMXzone/dmxAppCreator/UI/sharp/lib/constructor.js:42:3) at Module._compile (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:702:30) at Object.Module._extensions..js (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:719:10) at Module.load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:613:32) at tryModuleLoad (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:552:12) at Function.Module._load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:544:3) at Module.require (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:650:17) at require (internal/modules/cjs/helpers.js:20:18) at Object.<anonymous> (/Applications/Wappler.app/Contents/Resources/app.nw/Shared/DMXzone/dmxAppCreator/UI/sharp/lib/index.js:3:15) at Module._compile (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:702:30) at Object.Module._extensions..js (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:719:10)
TypeError: Cannot read property 'readdirSync' of undefined at w2form.updatePreview (chrome-extension://fjjllfpmlaejicjkpknbdicdakiijgjp/Shared/DMXzone/dmxAppCreator/UI/commands/dmxResizer3.js:179:22) at w2form.trigger (chrome-extension://fjjllfpmlaejicjkpknbdicdakiijgjp/Shared/DMXzone/dmxAppCreator/UI/w2ui/w2ui.min.js:8:34432) at chrome-extension://fjjllfpmlaejicjkpknbdicdakiijgjp/Shared/DMXzone/dmxAppCreator/UI/commands/dmxResizer3.js:168:15
TypeError: Cannot read property 'readdirSync' of undefined at w2form.updatePreview (chrome-extension://fjjllfpmlaejicjkpknbdicdakiijgjp/Shared/DMXzone/dmxAppCreator/UI/commands/dmxResizer3.js:179:22) at w2form.trigger (chrome-extension://fjjllfpmlaejicjkpknbdicdakiijgjp/Shared/DMXzone/dmxAppCreator/UI/w2ui/w2ui.min.js:8:34432) at HTMLInputElement.<anonymous> (chrome-extension://fjjllfpmlaejicjkpknbdicdakiijgjp/Shared/DMXzone/dmxAppCreator/UI/w2ui/w2ui.min.js:8:396639) at HTMLInputElement.dispatch (chrome-extension://fjjllfpmlaejicjkpknbdicdakiijgjp/Shared/DMXzone/dmxAppCreator/UI/jQuery/jquery-2.2.0.min.js:3:7519) at HTMLInputElement.r.handle (chrome-extension://fjjllfpmlaejicjkpknbdicdakiijgjp/Shared/DMXzone/dmxAppCreator/UI/jQuery/jquery-2.2.0.min.js:3:5600)
TypeError: Cannot read property 'readdirSync' of undefined at w2form.updatePreview (chrome-extension://fjjllfpmlaejicjkpknbdicdakiijgjp/Shared/DMXzone/dmxAppCreator/UI/commands/dmxResizer3.js:179:22) at w2form.trigger (chrome-extension://fjjllfpmlaejicjkpknbdicdakiijgjp/Shared/DMXzone/dmxAppCreator/UI/w2ui/w2ui.min.js:8:34432) at HTMLInputElement.<anonymous> (chrome-extension://fjjllfpmlaejicjkpknbdicdakiijgjp/Shared/DMXzone/dmxAppCreator/UI/w2ui/w2ui.min.js:8:396639) at HTMLInputElement.dispatch (chrome-extension://fjjllfpmlaejicjkpknbdicdakiijgjp/Shared/DMXzone/dmxAppCreator/UI/jQuery/jquery-2.2.0.min.js:3:7519) at HTMLInputElement.r.handle (chrome-extension://fjjllfpmlaejicjkpknbdicdakiijgjp/Shared/DMXzone/dmxAppCreator/UI/jQuery/jquery-2.2.0.min.js:3:5600)
TypeError: Cannot read property 'readdirSync' of undefined at w2form.updatePreview (chrome-extension://fjjllfpmlaejicjkpknbdicdakiijgjp/Shared/DMXzone/dmxAppCreator/UI/commands/dmxResizer3.js:179:22) at w2form.trigger (chrome-extension://fjjllfpmlaejicjkpknbdicdakiijgjp/Shared/DMXzone/dmxAppCreator/UI/w2ui/w2ui.min.js:8:34432) at chrome-extension://fjjllfpmlaejicjkpknbdicdakiijgjp/Shared/DMXzone/dmxAppCreator/UI/commands/dmxResizer3.js:168:15
TypeError: Cannot read property 'readdirSync' of undefined at buildIt (chrome-extension://fjjllfpmlaejicjkpknbdicdakiijgjp/Shared/DMXzone/dmxAppCreator/UI/commands/dmxResizer3.js:241:16) at HTMLButtonElement.onclick (chrome-extension://fjjllfpmlaejicjkpknbdicdakiijgjp/Shared/DMXzone/dmxAppCreator/UI/commands/dmxResizer3.htm?theme=dark&app=true:1:1)
TypeError: Cannot read property 'readdirSync' of undefined at buildIt (chrome-extension://fjjllfpmlaejicjkpknbdicdakiijgjp/Shared/DMXzone/dmxAppCreator/UI/commands/dmxResizer3.js:241:16) at HTMLButtonElement.onclick (chrome-extension://fjjllfpmlaejicjkpknbdicdakiijgjp/Shared/DMXzone/dmxAppCreator/UI/commands/dmxResizer3.htm?theme=dark&app=true:1:1)
1 Like

report_2018-9-21_12-0-56.zip (186.6 KB)

Here is restarted with logging on wappler produced file zip. Please look at itā€¦thanks

1 Like

Thanks that is a huge help!

Those are the errors we need indeed.

unfortunately I donā€™t see them in the debug log - you have to reproduce the error and then send the log. Not before the error.

But we are getting there with your help @thines ! Still wondering why this happens only at your case.

@patrick will join the investigation also - we will nail this down :slight_smile:

Also maybe some other Mac users like @psweb, @pixlapps, @Marzio and @brad can check out if the image resizer works in their mac. When used to resize a whole folder of images in the Slideshow component.

Report any error you might see in the publishing panel below.

report_2018-9-21_12-19-31.zip (186.5 KB)

Hi George,

I could not restart the wappler with logging while image resizer openedā€¦ I have tried many time wappler doesnā€™t restart, But i managed to restart with logging after slidshow component addedā€¦ Please check this and let me know this helps or not??

Will take a look and see George

Hi, If you guys want to come and see in my laptop using team viewer please let me knowā€¦ I can do that. So you can investigate more about this issueā€¦ If this is only happened to me then better do so, Because i might do wrong when i create slideshowā€¦

Found the problem!!

Oh boy this is stupid ā€¦ seems our Mac distribution is just missing one very simple config file for the image resizeā€¦

We will fix it in the next update, but for temporally solution, unpack this zip:
package.json.zip (2.9 KB)

and copy the included package.json to:

/Applications/Wappler.app/Contents/Resources/app.nw/Shared/DMXzone/dmxAppCreator/UI/sharp

You can use the Finder and then Go from the menu, Go to Folderā€¦ to go straight to this folder.

So this is what should be in the folder:

/Applications/Wappler.app/Contents/Resources/app.nw/Shared/DMXzone/dmxAppCreator/UI/sharp

Was about to tell you this was not working for me either, lol.

If you click the .zip file and it downloads to your Mac Downloads folder as most peoples will, extract it then instead of showing package contents etc. just add this command in terminal.

From the finder CMD+SHIFT+U to open the Applications > Utilities folder.
Open Terminal.
Copy and paste this and hit ENTER

mv ~/Downloads/package.json /Applications/Wappler.app/Contents/Resources/app.nw/Shared/DMXzone/dmxAppCreator/UI/sharp/

Test to make sure the file is there
Copy and paste this and hit ENTER

ls -l /Applications/Wappler.app/Contents/Resources/app.nw/Shared/DMXzone/dmxAppCreator/UI/sharp/

Output should be

total 16
drwxr-xr-x   3 paul  admin    96 Oct 18 17:33 build
drwxr-xr-x  17 paul  admin   544 Oct 18 17:33 lib
-rw-r--r--@  1 paul  admin  7917 Mar 14  2018 package.json
drwxr-xr-x   3 paul  admin    96 Oct 18 17:33 vendor
Pauls-MacBook-Pro-2014:~ paul$ 

And then I would restart Wappler too for good measure, although maybe not a requirement.

1 Like

I did the sameā€¦ All worked fineā€¦ Now i can select type and also i can see the preview of the images from my source folder. All fine But one question i haveā€¦ that resizer not working exaclty after click on OK button. it generates thumb images and showing the slideshow with images but not resized as i set on the image resizerā€¦ Please check that.

1 Like

Also Image quality dropped after i used resizerā€¦ please look at it www.webonmaster.com

Of course the image quality drops. The images get optimized for web.
If you want you can resize them using Photoshop and save them full size & 100% quality.

Also not sure what do you mean the images are not resized to the size you set? What size did you set?

I set 1920 x 400. Is this size only for image or both slider size and image size?? do i need to resize my slideshow container??

If you set the size in the resizer to 1920x400 it will resize them to fit this size.
If you enable crop option it will crop them to this size.

Slideshow width is 100% of the parent container width.