Routing / content pages: my Wappler is broken

Wappler Pro 5.4.1
Windows 10 Pro
PHP 8.xx, Mysql 8.xx

Hello,

Since the last three updates I have a serious problem with the design editor when I edit a content file. I can’t edit the elements like before.

In the main page, everything is displayed correctly.

I put the latest version of Wappler…

To check, I created a new Web / PHP project.

Here is the result.

Can’t work on my projects or back to old Wappler version.

Please help!

Hey @Wlady972

Try setting links relative to root in the project settings. If that still. doesn’t help, check all script and stylesheet links in your (layout) pages and prepend them with a ‘/’.

Hello,

I have made the changes as indicated, but it does not work.


Links relative To : Site Root


Put a / in the main page
doesn’t works.

I use PHP/Apache not NodeJS

I uninstall Wappler
All is ok with Wappler 5.3.0

This looks the same as this thread:

I had hoped that this would only affect version 5.4.0 and NodeJS / MacOs; because this has been happening since version 5.3.2

What framework is included in your content page? And is it linked to a main page?

I use Bootstrap 5

My content page :

We found the issue with PHP pages specifically, we hope with the next update to have it fixed.

Thank you,

Please note also, for my previous projects, that the solution used for NodeJS works only halfway:

we can’t save the changes.
This error message appears:

See ya !! :vulcan_salute:

Is there going to be an update today? I know there was a team-building break but this is so painful and time consuming to us users that I hoped a small fix could be issued today :pray:

There won’t be an update this week unfortunately.

@teodor, @george,
I find this HUGELY disappointing. This is a fault that breaks the normal operation of the UI so should be prioritised and released asap. On a daily basis it is adding huge amounts of time to simple workflows because I have to manually update head page references and then correct them again. I implore you to reconsider not issuing this update today.

Meanwhile, because I don’t know if Wappler will release an update or not, I put the links for an old version here:

Fixed in Wappler 5.4.2

Hello,

Nice update, but i had a big Windows crash with my main old project (memory full, black screen, etc.)

Before writing this post, I closed and restarted Wapller more than a dozen times after each modification attempt.

Rebooting an reload the Test.project

interminable_wait
Endless update.

I close everything and I restart Wappler

You should not forget that you asked me to set my project with the relative links in “Site Root”.

I open my page and set the routing…

    • click on the folder icon. Link the page. A “/” has been add in front of it… (Url)
    • then we click on the arrow icon to open the child page.

relink_page

Oops!

error_child_file2

Open my file via the file manager

Modify the wrong Head Page: OK

And try to open my “Head” page:

Not obvious…

I’m going back to my basics:

Links relative to Document

The update fixed the main issues.

  • Links with Documents Root
  • Styles,
  • crashes,
  • database, etc.

The “Links relative to Site Root” mode needs to be reviewed.
Please try to fix outside of NodeJS and especially outside of Docker which is a big consumer of resources on Windows (all sectors combined).

Thanks a lot.

Hello,

I found one of the problems related to the routing bug reported earlier.

In the old versions, I could use the server connect of the main page in the subpages.

server_connect

Since version 5.3.1, I have to reproduce the Server connect in all child pages… Is this normal?