Problem with database manager and database connection

Hi everybody, with the last wappler version I’ve problem with database connection (it’s an old one running from years). If I test my connection in server connection > global > database connections, my connection is fine but if I access an api action > database action I can’t see my table and query options.
This is the error message:
“No valid database connection found. Please define it first in the database manager for this target.”
When I go to database manager > database connections > my conn and test it there is a problem:
“Error connecting: connect ETIMEDOUT”.

I’ve tried a previous version of wappler on another computer (3.6.1) with the same connection and it runs wery well.

Waiting for help

Hello,
Now you need to define a connection to your database in the Database Manager as well, so that the query builder can read the table metadata. So just define a direct connection in the database manager and save it and everything will run well.

Hi Teodor, let me try. First I delete my previous connection from both, database manager and server action

It doesn’t run

No, don’t delete them. Just edit the database manager connection.
In the database manager you need to enter the direct (remote) database connection details, they might be different than the one in server connect as you are connecting to your db directly.

Ok but in database manager I’ve only direct connection option.
The problem is still there

Exactly, you need to enter the direct connection details, which in your case are different than the server connect connection details.
If you are connecting to a remote hosting, you should not be using localhost for the connection in the database manager. Better contact your host and ask them for direct/remote connection details.

Ok I’ll try. But what if my host doesn’t give my any IP instead of localhost?

That’s not really possible :slight_smile:

Teodor I’ve the same problem with another database (different

host)

Sorry i am not following you.
Did you contact your host for the direct/remote connection details or not? And is remote db connection allowed from your ip / allowed at all?

No Teodor.
I don’t know what kind of info I need for direct/connection.
This is a different site. In this case my host is not localhost but an IP.
So for direct connection parameter could be completely diffrent?

remote db connection is not allowed from my ip / allowed at all.
I’m almost sure

Yes, If you don’t know what info do you need, better ask your hosting provider as suggested above.

Hi Teodor, I’m waitin for an answer from my host.
However there should by a big problem beacause it don’t supply this kind of connection with my subscription (shared server) but only in case of dedicated server.
So I should change my host subscription. Furthermore it already told me that is very difficult to manage a dedicated server. So for solving a problem I’ll have lots of problem.
Why don’t you restore previous connection settings?

That’s not related to the hosting plan …

Salve,

i dati d’accesso al database, come da nostra risposta precedente del 2015 sono seguenti:

db host: localhost

db user:

db

Inoltre, la informiamo che il database MySQL sulle piattaforme hosting condiviso è raggiungibile solamente da “localhost” e non da IP remoti pertanto non è possibile avere la connessione diretta al database, che avviene da qualsiasi indirizzo IP, diverso dal webserver stesso. Le ricordo che può gestire il suo database dal pannello Plesk.

Cordiali Saluti

======================================
Jacek Majewski
Ufficio Tecnico - Sistemista II livello
Aruba Business Srl
www.arubabusiness.it

This is the host answer

Don’t you have a separate development environment?

I know that most of the shared hosting don’t allow remote access to the database, so having a separate local development environment can help you with that. You work with the development database and when publishing it to the shared hosting the site will work fine with the localhost connection there, the only problem you face is that you can’t update the database from within Wappler, but that was also not possible before when you didn’t have a direct connection.

Let me try but I think the best way is to restore previous wappler functionality because, I’m sure, many users will have problems