Problem with database manager and database connection

Because Wappler needs to access your database to make changes - we require a direct remote connection.
You really don’t want to make any changes manually yourself in some admin panel. That is what Wappler does.

It is easy to setup even in Plesk:

So everybody is just using remote access - you are gaining Wappler functionality here - not loosing any.

If your hosting really don’t allow this, then you should consider switching to more modern hosting providers.

Aruba business is the most important italian host. Furthermore i’ve been changing db settings (tables relationship and so on) from admin panel without problems. Now I can’t work on my website anymore. That’s a very big problem

Teodor can you help me setting a development enviroment?
This is my local plesk

For a local development with PHP and MySQL use WAMP or MAMP. Normally the installation is very straightforward. Export the database from your shared hosting and import it in your local MySQL server. Then create a new target in Wappler and configure it to use your local WAMP or MAMP server. With the local environment you will be able to create a direct connection to the database. You also have a place to test the pages you change before publishing it to the live server.

Thank you.
I’ve XAMP on my mac.
It looks running well.
I’ve done as you told me (export and import db) and I’ve set a development target in wappler but I can’t still set up direct connection.
Furthermore I can’t openn local pages in browser.
Can you help me?

even if you get your local WAMP/MAMP running with a database (which should be pretty easy when using localhost)

Are you planning for each database change that you do locally to export and import it on your live database? You have to redo your database changes from your local database on your remote by hand each time …

That is what Wappler usually takes care of - when you have a direct connection.

Now you have to make sure by hand that you have synchronized your local database with your remote one - before even can upload any site changes ,…

Hi George but the problem is my host provider doesn’t support direct connection by shared server. Furthermore I’m having problems setting up my local environment on a mac. Right now I can’t work on my web site any more :thinking:

Can someone of you help me to set up my local environment?

There are plenty of tutorials all over the internet explaining how to setup a WAMP/MAMP server locally.

We will improve the server connect database connection to use a fallback for cases like your weird hosting, where direct connection is not allowed. So you will be able to connect the old way, where no direct connection was required.

How log do you take for this update? Can you let me use old version in the mintime ?

Well, it’s been years already that our updates are on every Thursday.

I confirm the problem of icalesca
In Italy, many customers prefer to use the hosting registered by them on Aruba.it, which does not allow direct connection to databases. And so also for shared hosting of other Providers
In fact, most of the sites are on shared Aruba and Aruba Business hosting

1 Like

This has been improved in Wappler 3.8.0
Now you can use the Server Connect connection without the need of direct connection, when it’s not possible to create one. Just open the Server Connect database connection and reapply it, without enabling the direct connection option.

Thank you Wappler’s team.
Unfortunately there’s still a problem

The error message is very very long

Can you just remove the connection and recreate it again?

Everything fine Teodor.
It could be trivial but you must select remote target before testing the connection.

1 Like

Well yes, you should select the active target you are working on.

Great. Have a nice night