PouchDB for data sync when offline

I couldn’t find this already as a feature request and I know it’s already in the plans but wanted to formally post this. It’s the one missing part of being able to make mobile apps so would be great to be added to Wappler.

https://pouchdb.com/

Would you be able to confirm if this is anywhere on the list for the near future?

I’d like to know/bump this one too.

Thanks

Yes we can confirm that full blown PouchDB integration is coming up!

It makes perfect fit with the recent major Mobile Apps improvements and will deliver great database storage for both online and offline usage that can be synchronized easy.

All fully integrated with App Connect Flow for visually programming of the database actions.

9 Likes

I’ve just done a little dance @George :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Have a client who is eager to start and definitely considering wappler.

Is this upcoming as in ~1-2 months or 6+ months?

Thanks
ZubairLK

p.s. won’t hold you to it

I have no inside information at all but if I were to bet then my money would be on 1-2 weeks. That’s my hope, too :slight_smile:

George doesn’t divulge things like this unless we’re talking very soon :wink:

4 Likes

So true.

4 Likes

And George is liking these posts so I’m getting very excited :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I know the focus lately has been bug fixing. Just checking this feature is coming soon. I’ve already lost my bet it would be within the next two updates.

1 Like

I also faced a big need for data management on the mobile app side and synchronization with the server. Humbly, though with great anticipation, I expect this function.

I thought I’d be first in line to use this but looks like others are waiting too

Will this be in today’s update? :wink:

1 Like

No, it won’t be in todays update. We’ll let you know when we start working on this.

2 Likes

Yesterday I went to a fortune teller to read Tarot cards. The fortune-teller said I would be very happy on Thursday. Looks like I’ll have to go back to the fortune teller and get my money back… :crazy_face:

2 Likes

thought i’d circle around and bump this.

2 Likes

I vote for this

I vote for this too!

Any hints? (maybe @Teodor ?)
Really really need this one in our app now… :confused:

And would like to avoid meddling with indexedDb using js…

Thanks
ZubairLK

@ZubairLK unfortunately we don’t have any hints to share at the moment. We are currently busy with different/higher priority improvements.