Offline/Caching/Sync-ing capabilities + bubble.io mix

Hi,

Coming over from bubble land as I have a project that is possibly not suitable for bubble.

Scenario:

Moving company crew has an app.
They are on site picking furniture etc. in an area with spotty cellphone reception.
There is a table with a broken leg. They need to take a picture to record this.
This needs an app that will be able to save data offline and then sync when online.

I’d like to reach out to experienced people (such as @SeanHoots! found you!) who can point out flaws/pitfalls in my approach/thinking before diving too deep.

Here is what I’m thinking

• Office manager viewpoint, authentication, database/backend in Bubble.io
  • Moving Crew application front-end using Wappler. Offline sync in wappler
  • Then some magic workflow that syncs between wappler and bubble when the connection is online.

I know the whole thing can be built in wappler. Wondering if I can leverage the best of both worlds…

Thanks
ZubairLK

Welcome to Wappler (ex-Bubble user here, anti-social as I never participated in the forums)

What with today’s release of improved App Connnect and Framework 7, building mobile apps should become easier and more streamlined in the near future.

I believe pouchDB is coming soon, or similar, that will solve your use case of syncing data created offline when you can resume an internet connection.

You can create your backend easily either in Node, PHP or Asp whichever you prefer on the infrastructure of your choice. Make it as simple or complex as you like.

Exactly, see also:

1 Like