Mobile App: Login successful but not retrieving identity

On my mobile app I need a login. It appears that the login form is working as I get a 200 status and the form clears on success.

But the recordset retrieving the user identity is still empty. IS there anything else you need to do to make it work for mobile? IS it because it is an HTML site rather than a PHP?

How do I get login to recognize the user identity?

Note: The login works perfectly in the source web app. Just not on the mobile project.

This is really killing me … even a couple beers hasn’t helped.

Take a look in the dev console to see if the php session id is changing. If it is, then each server connect hit will be considered a new user session and you would see this type of behavior.

If that is the case and you are testing in iOS then this thread might help. WKWebView, Form POST and Session Cookies

Would it have a PHP session if it’s an HTML page for an App?

Yes. The session is on the server.

Session Storage remains blank. Is that what I should be looking for?

Nope, that is session storage on the device, not server.

Select the server connect actions on the network tab and compare the cookies

Not sure what I am looking for. If this is it, it doesn’t change …

@George, @Teodor, @patrick … any ideas?

Can’t seem to authenticate cross site. Is there anything I have to set in the cookie properties or anything to get log in to work on my mobile app? Seems the identity is not being brought over to the mobile site?

I added a security restrict to my user details recordset and although the form does the login succcessfully it gives me a 401 error on the site …

I think there must be a bug? I added a set session step to me login but nothing gets passed to the mobile app.

I’m about to get frustrated. This is really holding me up.

Are you not supposed to add a repeat step before setting the sessions?

A Repeat Step? What am I repeating?

My bad Brad ignore that. Can you not set an identity step in the Security Provider. Should return the users SP ID?

The identity is not being passed to the mobile site. That’s why I tested with a Session. That didn’t get passed either. Everything works fine on the source (API site).

Are you running in an emulator or on a device? Also Android or IOS?

Just in browser.

Make sure you thoroughly clear all your cache and temporary files as this can play havoc.

Did that resolve your issue @brad?

No, even tried three browsers. Still no luck. :frowning:

Very strange. I’ve had the problem in the past with caching causing issues hence recommending clearing it. I suppose you have tried uploading the lib and API folders again see if that helps at all? Infact upload everything again… You will get it sorted, still doesn’t stop with the frustration when you’re trying to get something done you have probably done a hundred times before.