Me thinks we may have some new visitors to the forum

Hi @GlobaticoLabs, there are many Wapplers that have created tutorials. Wappler is a more advanced tool than bubble so the learning takes a little more, but you can do so much more than bubble and not worry about being locked in.

Here’s some links to tutorials.

This is a playlist of 50 videos on getting started by @Hyperbytes
https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLUjqTJN3byC9W9UFjsV9f9vefe_ZSFQfb

This channel covers building a mobile task app from scratch and other advanced features
https://www.youtube.com/@whatswappler199/videos

2 Likes

Hey buddy @GlobaticoLabs why are you so upset about Wappler? I don’t mean that in a “put you down” kind of a way.

I just don’t understand what makes you so upset about a tool no one is forcing or even asking you to use? Isn’t it much more relaxing to just not crusade against it and use a different tool?

Apologies if that comes off as boomer talk, I’m just genuinely confused after seeing your messages on bubble, here and on telegram.

I guess you are making a mistake. I guess it’s someone else. I post only here.
I have nothing against Wappler or anyone.
I just mention (and it’s a never ending story since years) what is the reality from my personal experience. Nothing else. I have even Brought people here when I was learning (kind of guessing because was nothing up to date in the documentation) : all of them left and came back to the same conclusion. On the paper it’s an amazing tool. In the reality for a non tech guy who don’t want to become a dev and used to get the thousands of hours of tutorial, bootcamps, training, stunning documentation etc from bubble : Wappler is the opposite. Just want people to be aware, not to make the mistake I did (waste of time and of some money, but mostly waste of time). Nothing else.

I’m not upset about Wappler. But you are right I’m kind of upset against the “historical users” here, because they are a brake in any Wappler growth and It was really disappointing to see that. This message on telegram illustrate very well that. Except that, the day Wappler team with decide changes are needed on the educational and community management part : I will be the first one to come back… was hoping the changes in bubble to bring changes here too, but from what I can read, the same individuals are acting the same way… sad reality of a niche tool that could be a unicorn.

I’m sorry but a screenshot of a random username in a random Telegram group, saying random things is in no way a representative sample of our community. This could be any internet troll.

I’d kindly ask you to not create wrong impressions about our community or users, as our community is one of the friendliest and welcoming online communities i’m currently involved into.

Also, i’d like to ask you not to create wrong impressions about what our team thinks need to be changed or not, as you are probably one of the least involved (in this) users in this community and you are actually not aware of what we are working on, behind the scenes.

We communicate privately with a lot of users who have constructive feedback and give us great ideas.
Actually the Wappler philosophy is based on the community, our product is community driven, not Venture capital driven :slight_smile:

Thanks.

12 Likes

I have a lot of catching up to do as I was enjoying some earned beach time and beers! I am still banned in bubble forum since the announcement so no idea what’s going on there. But as I see that people are posting here I guess there was no backtraking.

@GlobaticoLabs why so serious? Chill! You seem to be blaming your shortcomings on the tool and the community. Maybe give it another try with a pair of fresh new eyes and with a different mentality?
For much less I was banned from Bubble’s forum.

Also, there are plenty of ex-Bubblers here with absolutely no technology knowledge that persevered and took their idea from nothing to product despite all the things you mention that the tool, the community, and the company lacks.

Rest of ex-Bubblers! Welcome! We are really looking forward to watching your progress and helping out where we can. It’s going to be a wild ride, but once you hear the click it’s going to blow your minds.

Cheers from an ex-Bubbler that saw the light in 2020 after 4 years! :beers:

8 Likes

I come from a no-code background and have been using Wappler for 8ish months. It is a bit hard to pick up at first, but I got everything I needed from Brian’s YouTube series, the docs, and the forum. I ran into problems along the way but every single one has been solved by members of the community. The whole Wappler forum is about helping each other, I put together a list of resources I wish I had when I was new to make it easier for new people, if you stick around with Wappler you could make some tutorials for everyone else.

It’s important to remember Wappler is labeled as low-code, not no-code so you need to know some coding basics. I see lots of people saying how Wappler is a great product with bad learning resources, but if the team spent all their time on resources, then the product wouldn’t be as good. If you spend some time to learn the basics of the tools Wappler uses, you can pick up everything else you need to learn along the way.

BTW, being rude to the long-time members and calling them boomers over and over is not going to do you any favors if you need help in the future.

8 Likes

Oh wow, I hadn’t found that resource guide yet. That’s amazing @Eric_F

@Hyperbytes Just got him some coffee, thanks for the tutorial

I must admit, the reviews are in and the verdict is clear. After a thorough evaluation of over 20 no-code/low-code solutions, I have chosen Wappler to be my development partner of choice.

I thank all who helped me with my inquiries and I am now ready for the exciting journey ahead. With all the information and tutorials at my fingertips, my journey of learning is set to begin. It’s time to embark on my no-code/low-code adventure with Wappler as my trusty guide, I’m sure I’ll reach my destination - creating remarkable web solutions. Here I go! Let the low-coding commence!

6 Likes

Gone is my ExBubbler identity, make way for Wappster - the low-code turbo-charged force to be reckoned with!

5 Likes

It’s so disheartening to see this and not be able to reply because I am banned:

For some reason people think that minification is some kind of obfuscation and that unminifying solves it all. Let me present you Mr. Sourcemap.

Second…they should see the amount of amends and hotfixes I have been able to write into Server connect core until an official fix/improvement was provided. Try that in Bubble.

3 Likes

I’ve heard you can even write your own components for Server Connect and use them in Wappler!
:yawning_face:

5 Likes

That was me who thought that, sorry.

Officially wrote my farewell message on the Bubble forum and pressed the Logout button.

So here I come, Wappler!

1 Like

Lol buddy! Please edit that :pray:t2:

No, that wasn’t you. It was another guy.

2 Likes

Ugh man I just pressed logout
Can I copy paste your comment here without your name?

Gerbert, I think.

Anyway, it’s not a critique against you, but against the mods from Bubble forum like @Nigel_Godfrey who banned me so I can’t clarify things about Wappler. As you already know Wappler posts are being deleted left and right.

I just went back to edit it but just realized that I got banned right after posting my farewell message. lol

Serves you right! :joy:

1 Like

They even removed my post where I linked Bubble’s G2 listing and told everyone to go and write an honest review. lol

That’s where you can really screw them, that’s where they are getting their Enterprise clients from.

1 Like