Linear Axis on AC charts, rather then points in series

Hi All,

As per my other topic:

It seems that the AC line chart in wappler does not have functionality to create a linear x axis based on datetime values. The chart only seems capable of plotting points in series as per the data returned from the query. ie. the graph is only displaying the data from the query, and the scale of the x axis is not uniform. I believe that this functionality exists in charts.js, you just specify that the axis should be linear in scale. I think this is a very important feature when trending data over time, where the data does not necessarily exist for every interval on the time series.

EDIT: I think this post describes in more detail what it is that I am looking for:

Does no votes on this mean that this will never get implemented. I completely understand that features requested more should get prioritised. But I really need to be able to use scatter graphs in my Wappler application. Even if I could get a rough idea of when this type of chart might get added that would be helpful as I could focus my efforts on trying to resolve outside of Wappler, even though I’m doing that already :slight_smile: .

This functionality already exists in charts.js, and I know that Wappler uses this as some sort of foundation, so I am hoping that it would not be a very difficult implementation for a future Wappler update. Anyway keep up the great work, and thanks for the great support in this forum.

Hi Ivan,
The feature will get integrated in some of the next updates (as it’s available in charts.js).
We’re currently on a summer break and will be back with the weekly updates after August 12.

brilliant Teodor, hope everyone is enjoying the break. thanks for the quick reply

Hi @Teodor ,

Any chance of trying to add this to the list for one of the upcoming updates?

Thanks,
Ivan

Edit: Any idea on when this might be added to the list. Really need it for a project I’m working on. I know the updates list is probably endless but if this could get added soon that would be amazing.

Hey Teodor,

At risk of being very annoying indeed. Is there anyway we can get this feature added to a to do list for a scheduled update? I am able to offer future pints in Dublin should you or any of the team visit Ireland anytime in the future, I may even be able to throw in a kebab from Dublin’s best kebab shop. :smiley:

This is my best impression of a squeaky wheel.

I have upped the bidding to pints, a Kebab and a tour of the Guinness factory. :slight_smile:

Hello @whlrb
This feature request does not have a high priority at the moment, as we are busy adding more important options first.

I don’t have a timeframe for when the charts component will be updated, but certainly posting in the same topic every day won’t have any effect :slight_smile:

I will check if this can be included in some of the updates coming the next few weeks, but can’t promise nothing at the moment.

Ok thanks for the reply Teodor, apologies for the bombardment.

Thanks a million, that’s all I can ask for.

Keep up the great work.