It's coming soon - Couch and Pouch DB integration product teaser

I am sure we are all looking forward to exciting developments in Wappler for 2023
I am delighted to bring to you the official product teaser for the long awaited Couch and Pouch DB integration.
This looks incredibly exciting and should be with us in January
Happy new Year to all.

15 Likes

Wow, wow and again, wow. I can’t say how excited I am to see this post.

But Christmas was last week!!! LOL!! This is awesome news. Can’t wait to try it out.

1 Like

Nero fiddling

6 months later, any update on this? Planned for v6 @George?

1 Like

This topic has been on my mind too for a while :slight_smile:

Yes, not sure what happened, when i did the teaser i was under the impression it was only weeks away

1 Like

Well it got a bit delayed because we also had to introduce installing docker services separately and you also might need a central CouchDB server to sync with.

Also the community interest was a bit low on PouchDB as well the required syncing is only possible with CouchDB so this all got the implementation delayed.

Hope to get on it soon.

Thanks for the update George.

To be honest, I don’t have a use case for it yet, but its a great feature to have in the toolkit since eventually clients start looking for a PWA and then offline capabilities… Once their web app is responsive and working well.

Low interest could also just be because of the learning curve. Its will be a new thing, and I myself don’t have all the details around how this works. Hoping for the best.

1 Like