It is impossible to save linked DB actions after upgrade to Wappler 3.6.0

Wappler Version: 3.6.0
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro

Unfortunately, I cannot update existing DB-Actions. See please the video:

What exactly you cannot update? The distinct only or anything at all?

Have you tried different actions?

What about when you create a new one?

All queries can’t update after creating new one. Old queries anyway can’t edit or update.

Please restart Wappler with logging, reproduce the problem and attach the debug log. See:

Now I know what the problem could be. Only separately linked actions are not saved. Can you check that out, please? Because I have saved a lot of actions separately in order to reuse them.

With old Wappler 3.5.7 is working properly with another computer…

But in new Wappler 3.6.0 there are no such icons to link or edit:

oh I see now.

We do not support linked query action any more. There is now much powerful Library where you can put in and reuse much more actions than just queries.

So if you want to reuse queries or other actions just add them the library and then use include or exec actions to link them.

Hi @George, how can we migrate all the linked query action to the new supported way? The entire application I built was using linked query action, and now it looks like I will have to go through everything to change to the new way. This will require a big effort. Is it a way I can go back to the last version of Wappler “3.5.7”?

I see - well we weren’t aware that anybody was using linked query actions. What was the reason to link them anyway?

We did run with experimental mode to allow migration for a few weeks now, and now it is finally released.

So yes the only way to get the migration back is to revert to 3.5.7 first. Let me know if you want a link to the old version and what OS are you on.

Hi @George, yes, that will be great, if I can have a link to to the old version so that I can plan for migration. Also I will appreciate any documentation I can use to get started with that process
Thanks
Juan

Hi @George, I was able to get a 3.5.7 version, but still having problems trying to understand what I need to do to ensure I upgrade to the new way. I will really appreciate if you could point me to where I can have information on how to do it.
Thanks
Juan

What are you trying to do exactly?
And is there any reason for you to click the “link” icon next to the query? Maybe explain this in more details.

Hi @Teodor thank you for your help in advance!
The only reason for me to click the “link” icon next to the query, is because i think in one of the tutorials I read that that will make it available, throughout, the application.
Ultimately want I want to do is to do is to change the fields in the quarry, Dada base inset, update etc. and then for it to take effect in the pages.

But the problem I was running with the new section is that no netter the change, it would not take effect int he page.

So I am wondering if there is anything else i need to do. I would like to use the latest version of wappler, but I am don’t know if once I change it things won’t work.
Thanks
Juan

But do you really need to reuse this specific database query across multiple server actions? Because that’s all the the “link” button does.

I am still not sure I understand what’s your idea?
You are posting a screenshot of an insert action - what do you mean by it?

HI @Teodor, after trying many times I see what the problem is and my confusion was.

The problem:
I am trying to update a database query, from “Multiple records” to “Paged Records” and add a new column. The problems is that after do the save action, the database query is not updated. (I originally thought that by linking the query, that will update the file. Please see a video below for the issues I am experiencing.

Now I am wondering if I am missing anything, or what I am doing wrong as the query changes are not being saved.

Your help will be much appreciated.
Thanks
Juan

@Teodor, @George, I was looking and noticed this issue Small Bug - saving Library Server Actions, is what I am experiencing as well
Thanks