Is there a problem with the System check 4.0.7?

Wappler Version : 4.0.7
Operating System : Mac M1
Server Model: Node JS
Database Type: Maria
Hosting Type: AWS Docker

I don’t know if this is something specific to my machine or a wider issue.

I updated to 4.0.7 and now get a prompt for a new system check whenever I switch project. These are projects that have been running for months and months after previous system checks. I appreciate the prerequisites may have changed and new checks may be needed.

The problem is that the check always fails:

I have tried to update Homebrew but if I go to terminal and update brew, it says I’m up to date:

and Docker Desktop is running:

Is anyone else having this issue?

Related to this: Keep Getting Annoying System Check Pop-Up ?

Are you running the native Arm M1 version of Wappler? Or the Intel one?

I’m using M1 (as per the bug info section :wink: - not through Rosetta if that’s what you mean)

Looking at my first screenshot above, is there a problem pulling the version number (-v flag) which then makes it act as though not installed/out of date?

yes there seems to be an error with the new docker-compose only checks which is called like:

docker-compose -v

to check its version - maybe try to execute that in a terminal see what it gives to you.

As for Rosseta indeed I was concerned that homebrew is wrongly installed because of its ARM complain. Maybe try to execute:

brew config

to see how it is all installed.

weird.

Could you check where docker-compose is installed to:

where docker-compose

and run it just to see maybe the version

docker-compose

also somehow your homebrew is installed in the intel version folder /usr/local while on the M1 it should go into /opt/homebrew

How did you install homebrew in the first place?

Maybe try:

brew doctor

If I run

docker-compose version

I can’t remember how it was installed, it was too long ago (before yesterday!). I wonder if the migration from my old MacBook when I first got the Mac Mini transferred it but put it in the wrong place. I’ll do an uninstall and then run the system check again

1 Like

So I uninstalled homebrew using:

/bin/bash -c "$(curl -fsSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Homebrew/install/HEAD/uninstall.sh)"

After running the system check again everything seems to have installed and doesn’t throw errors anymore. Anyone in the same boat on a Mac, have the Settings > Security & Privacy window open and unlocked on the general tab as there’s a couple of packages that aren’t from verified developers so need to be authorised.

1 Like

Fixed in Wappler 5.4.1

This topic was automatically closed after 24 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.