Is there a limit on records in a dynamic select?

I have a really strange scenario which has had me puzzled for a couple of hours. I have a table containing all the countries in the world (246 records) and I’m using it in a select. It was working when I first did it but now it is empty. The API is returning all the records - the JSON is showing in the console and if I browse to the API it gives all the JSON as I would expect.

After trying loads of things, I then thought it must be the data and spotted a few countries had accents in the names so I removed those but it didn’t make a difference. Then I thought it might be the amount of records so I deleted half and it worked.

After some trial and error, it seems to be fine with 198 records but as soon as there is 199 the select is empty again.

Am I going mad? Does anyone know if this is a thing at all? Should I change it to an autocomplete input instead?

Wappler 4.9.0
Server: PHP

It is most likely related to:

Opposed to the select I maybe wrong though

1 Like

This looks to be exactly it. Even the number of records (198) is the same. At least I’m not going mad. Seems to be introduced in the latest Wappler version so hopefully a fix will be fairly quick.

This has been fixed in Wappler 4.9.1

1 Like