Installing wappler on Arch Linux

In case anyone was wondering how to install wappler on a different linux distro than Ubuntu like in this case, Arch Linux.
There is this handy tool called “debtap”. It’s in the Arch User Repository. You can use yaourt or trizen or any other AUR helper to install the tool.
To use it just type:
“debtap /path/to/wappler.deb”
If you’ve downloaded the update via the notification, the .deb file is placed in /home/yourusername/.config/Wappler/temp/

After creating the package with debtap, just install it with pacman by typing:
“sudo pacman -U /path/to/createdpackage”

It’s stable as it should be and installing works like a charm without any errors!

3 Likes

Wow cool! Didn’t know about this very handy!

We wanted to offer other Linux distro options as well but nobody asked :slight_smile:

So your method is perfect for now.

What will be other major packaging formats we should support?

1 Like

Yeah unfortunately Linux is still a minority on desktops. All I have to do is one click and all my software is up to date and safe. It’s a matter of seconds. A feature Windows will never have implemented as long as they stick to their .exe.

Well, right now .deb (All debian based distros), .rpm (Fedora) and .pkg.tar.xz (Arch Linux) should cover a huge part of the linux user base.
But I highly recommend to get wappler in the official repositories so users can use their package manager to synchronize their software. If this is not possible, there is still the option to put them in third party repos. Like the Arch User Repo (AUR) or the Ubuntu Personal Package Archives (PPA).

3 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Installing Wappler on Fedora Linux

Hi, I tried installing Wappler on arch but:
sudo pacman -U wappler-4.7.2-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst
loading packages…
resolving dependencies…
warning: cannot resolve “gconf”, a dependency of “wappler”
warning: cannot resolve “gdk-pixbuf>=2.22.0”, a dependency of “wappler”
:: The following package cannot be upgraded due to unresolvable dependencies:
wappler

Hi @DanielCastro,
See if this helps: