GIT Error - request failed with status code: 404

when adding a brand new private repo from github to Wappler, getting this error:

OAuth between github and Wappler is success.

What could be wrong here? Help me understand please.

1 Like

Well you probably don’t have enough rights to access tge repository or the url is wrong

Am the org owner. And url is right.
Able to work with git cli and other git apps.

Have also setup a personal access token fr github and added to wappler settings but no luck.

Well 404 is really not found, so double check the url - there might be a typo in it.

tried again, copied the git url from Github and pasted directly in Wappler.
got same error.

tried to clone the project with same git url, same error.

also, tried to remove ‘.git’ at the end - but Wappler given instant error saying ‘wrong url’.

and tried this in other user that i have on same machine, same errors on cloning and adding git to Wappler project. god knows what i have done!

works fine with sourcetree and with cli!

do you have any suggestions?
do I uninstall Wappler, delete all app data, reinstall Wappler - will that help?

How are your trying to clone your project?

You should make sure your github is authorized in the Wappler global options
:

Then use the clone repo icon:

enter the repo url as you see it in the browser

and it all should go fine.

I did a new test and it worked directly.

If you still have problems, generate a debug log and send it to me in a private message

yes, github auth was success (i unchecked that toggle and reauth again)
yes, cloing by using the icon as you show there.
sending you the debug logs now in PM.
thank you,

are you absolutely sure you are using the same GitHub account to authorize Wappler as you have authorization on GitHub for that repo? As the authorization goes all fine - but you just don’t have enough permissions.

Maybe try a different repo to test?

am sure am the org owner where this repo is. and i can work with sourcetree and git cli for this very repo.
will try to pull another repo from github in wappler now to test.

unable to clone other project (asp.net) under same organisation in Wappler. However, able to clone all projects with same Github cred on Sourcetree.

able to clone a project (node js) in another organisation in github into Wappler.

is it a asp/node problem?

oh and FYI, this problem is still not resolved either for me: Unable to Connect to/Clone Private Git Repo
i still get the same error on Wappler while Sourcetree works just fine!!!

can you suggest something here please @George?

Unfortunately I can not reproduce your problem. It works all fine to me with github and private repositories.

Maybe try to remove all other github deploy keys in the settings and use only the oauth authentication

i uninstalled Wappler. deleted the Wappler folder in AppData.
rebooted machine.
installed Wappler 3.7.6
enabled oauth again for github.
still the same error.

and for the other project with SSH link for git, still the same error as well

is there any way i can help you get to the bottom of this issue?

So all other git options are completely empty?

yes.

i had it like that - then tried to clone github project - at this point, only github was auth and no other and ssh keys were blank. it failed.
then added my ssh keys to open the other ssh private repo.
then that also failed.

well it seems to me you just doesn’t have enough access to github with this account.
Maybe try another account.

As confirmed earlier, am the owner of the organisation in github.
Have full access to this private repo and it works fine with Sourcetree with github OAuth - same as Wappler. It just doesn’t work with Wappler.
I have to accept using Wappler Git is not an option.

you may close this post. thank you.