Dropdown (select input field) is not loading dynamic collection

Hi, I have used select for some data collections but its not loading the dynamic value instead showing only example value, Option one, Option two…
is there any steps for this to make it work? or is this is a bug?, i followed the Hyperbytes’s(Wappler Ambassador) way to do the drop down as i saw that he has the same issue… help me please…

Hello friend, show me a print of how you are doing please.

have a look at his video exactly same issue i have and i followed same step… thanks

I’m going to do some testing here.

Well just delete static values and add your dynamic values as per documentation.

here it worked normal.

It is not required to erase the static values. this is optional.

Please note that i’m a mac user… it did not worked for me… same steps even i kept static values or i did tried by removing them too… both did not worked.

Just remove the static values and follow the documentation for dynamic dropdown!

1 Like

Hi, in my case i have one action for inserting, do i need create the steps inside that as database query action? or seperately adding action and database query?

You cannot use the insert action for a query. You need a separate action to query the results.

Yes… what i did was created a insert action and insert step and then inside same action i have created a step to query the collection of data for dropdown and choosen that in data sources, that way did not worked. seems wired.

But now i have seperated the actions and it worked now… nice :slight_smile:

Thanks for the help guys…

any help regarding this topic i have posted also…