Server Model: Node
Database Type: MySQL
Hosting Type: Docker

Expected behavior

Should recognise Docker is installed.

Actual behavior

Conflicting output dialogue.

WARN ‘docker’ () is already installed.
Use ‘scoop update docker’ to install a new version.
Docker Desktop installation failed!

Docker Desktop is not installed. You might need it for easy development and servers deploy!

How to reproduce

Open up Wappler 4.0.0 with already imported Projects. Repeatedly runs the system check. Then the Output announces Docker already installed, and below Docker is not installed. Which is it Wappler!? :wink:

Hi Dave
I opened several projects in Wappler that use Docker, and everything went smoothly for me.

I can only assume:
You may not have installed updates for Docker, and therefore the Wappler first sees it, but it cannot update itself and returns a message that Docker is not installed. Try running Docker yourself and updating it manually.

In any case, this is just a guess. I couldn’t reproduce the error.

1 Like

It can only detect if docker is running, if you’ve installed docker but it is not running it doesn’t detect it and tries to install it.

Thank you @Mr.Rubi and @patrick

I pretend to know what I’m doing, but really don’t know what I’m doing…

Please consider the issue closed. Really appreciate your time in responding gentleman.

:smiley:

Will improve this in the next update - so docker is detected even if not running.
We auto start it anyway on project open.

1 Like

Its like a kid with a new ZX80 on Christmas day… First I have to build it… Then it doesn’t work so I have to take it apart… Rebuild it slowly… Power it up… Then it flickers up and down on my small B&W TV as I adjust the tuning… And I see the prompt for the first time and realise I should have read the manual (RTFM dickhead I mumble to myself)…

2 Likes

Fixed in Wappler 4.0.1

This topic was automatically closed after 31 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.