Digital ocean managed database connection with SSL

I followed the procedure and it works well as I obtained the lock sign for my website, see below:

But when I input any info into the forms that point to the managed MySQL database in Digital Ocean I get the following error message in the dev tools:

code: “HANDSHAKE_SSL_ERROR”
stack: “Error: self signed certificate in certificate chain\n at TLSSocket. (/opt/node_app/node_modules/mysql2/lib/connection.js:342:54)\n at TLSSocket.emit (events.js:315:20)\n at TLSSocket._finishInit (_tls_wrap.js:932:8)\n at TLSWrap.ssl.onhandshakedone (_tls_wrap.js:706:12)”

And, obviously, the data doesn’t get posted to the DO database.

Any idea on what may be this?

Thanks in advance for your help

Best.

Jay

Did you manage to get this working? I’m having the same problem Error with Direct Database Connection with SSL on Digital Ocean

Not yet. I had a problem using Digital Ocean nameservers in Squarespace, Squarespace didn’t allow me to use SSL Certificates using nameservers that are not theirs. A few days ago I started the transfer of my domain from Squarespace to Godaddy (Digital Ocean supports Godaddy, according to their documentation.)

I will have the transfer of the domain done in about 3 days. I will report to this board about the status of the problem when I have the domain parked in Godaddy.

Are you trying to connect to digital ocean managed database with SSL?

Yes, shouldn’t I?

Yes it is all fine but the SSL to your digital ocean database connection is a very different SSL than your web site.

The SSL certificate is managed by digital ocean self because you are using their managed database with their url name.

You can download the CA authority file that is offering by digital ocean next to their connection settings and use it as custom profile SSL in tge Wappler database connection settings.

1 Like