Cloud Providers Disappearing

After experimenting with various combinations of Wapper & Docker Desktop versions I decided to start with a clean slate and upgraded to Windows 11. A new configuration of WSL2 was installed with Win11. We uninstalled Wappler and Docker Desktop. Following the docs and double checking with ChatGPT we ripped out every Wappler and Docker folder we could find to ensure a clean install. We reinstalled Docker Desktop 4.26.1 per this post Trouble Publishing My Site by @notum along with Wappler 6.2.2.

Installation was flawless and the new Docker/Wappler ran smoothly and quicker than ever before. Setting up the site including a Cloud Provider and Server on DigitalOcean also went well until I saved the Remote Target, that’s when the Cloud Provider along with the Server disappeared.

I was still able to successfully deploy to the remote server, (see screen shots below) so I believe that rules out issues such as SSH, DO’s API etc. Per @george I checked the project.json file (below) and the target for remote server seems to be intact. However, because I lost the server I do not have the ability to add an SSL certificate or the confidence to move forward with new sites let alone edit live sites until this is resolved.

Not sure if it is connected but there seems to be a few other posts in the forum about Cloud provider settings being wiped out: All Cloud Provider Settings getting wiped when changing Project Options Docker Settings, missing databases Database no longer shows up in Database Manager, along with remote files not showing up in file manager here Not all remote files visible in file manager

Please let me know if I am missing something. Short of a permanent solution I would appreciate opinions on a known reliable Wapper/Docker Desktop Combination to try next. Unfortunately, I have not used Git on any of the live sites we have up.
If you would like to see step-by-step documentation of the site creation process PM your email address and I will forward a PDF.

I would really like to Thank @george @ben & @sitestreet for your continued support, advice and counsel.