Bug: Redis is on - yet packages being removed from package.json

Wappler 5.2.5
Fedora 36 (linux)
NodeJS

Redis is on in the project settings, but sometimes Wappler removes the redis packages from the package.json.

This recently happened when:

1. After updating to 5.2.5
  2. Today, after switching to my production target -> changing security provider in globals -> hitting CTRL+S

MY settings:

Package.json:

Do you also have it enabled in the work flows tab for the target?

Link showing where to find this you might have this on already

I have had a similar issue for a long time.

The deal is that I’m always using a simple Own Server hosting type for local target, instead of using Docker (I just don’t see the need for it in local dev).
But for all non-local targets I’m using Docker.

So when switching from one to another, the package is changing. And it causes Redis to stop working on non-local targets.
I can prevent this if after switching to deploy target, I turn off and on the Redis in target settings.

W 5.2.0.
NodeJS
Win10

Ah yes, I forgot about this one thanks.

It is on… but there’s still something changing the package.

@nickneustroev thanks, I think our issue is related but sadly not exactly the same.

I am using docker locally as well. But just like you, the redis packages are cleaned from the package.json at some point.

I just tried what you said (well almost, not in the target settings):

1. go to production target, turn off and on redis in server connect settings.
    Result: it added them to the bottom of the package.json file - perhaps this is a fix and it’ll remain like that.

Fixed in Wappler 5.4.3

This topic was automatically closed after 2 days. New replies are no longer allowed.