Bug on opening of Workflows one after the other

Wappler Version : 4.0.0
Operating System : Win 10 Pro
Server Model: ASP
Database Type: NA
Hosting Type: AWS

on opening of one Workflow after the other, new one opens up in the same tab if previous one is not edited.
in such a case, the tooltip reflects the previously opened Workflow, not the currently opened Workflow. and the content reflect the Workflow opened second.

in this case, had opened getWorkflowMappers.
did not make any changes.
then opened getWorkflowStates (note that the name in still in italics on the tab).
on hovering on the tab, it shows the full path of the previously opened API.
the content of the tab is of the Workflow opened second: getWorkflowStates.
to confirm this, following is the content of the first Workflow getWorkflowMappers:

this is not reproduced every time, it happens in a seemingly random pattern. but has happened twice in a short period that i was working on this project.

and it is a problem because if you end up in this scenario and you edit the second Workflow (in this case getWorkflowStates) then saving is a problem. on pressing ctrl+s, we can see that the Workflow is saved and uploaded but the blue circle indicating unsaved Workflow persists on the tab.
on closing the tab, the warning dialog shown to save changes reflects the name of the first Workflow, in this case, getWorkflowMappers. have to press ‘no’ to ensure things do not break. (forgot to take screenshot for this one).

same problem seen in Wappler 4.0.1

had opened conMifos (a DB Conn) - did not make any changes - then opened the Globals - made changes here, did a ctrl+s to save those changes - which got uploaded via FTP just fine

but as you can see in first screenshot, the changes are not saved on the tab it says on a previously opened file.

further, had already restarted with logging when opened Wappler couple hours ago after upgrade to 4.0.1 - it is no longer crashing as in 4.0.0 but no logs are being saved either:

@patrick pls help.

Are you sure you restarted Wappler with logging, as then the log file will be created?

The log can be found in C:\Users\Nish CNG\AppData\Roaming\Wappler\logs.

found logs there - send you a DM with them @patrick

It seems to be something related to the database connection, I also see some errors in the log related to that. The dialog for the unsaved file seems to be showing the database connection file. Does it help when you open that connection file and save it again. I assume the files that you opened used both that same database connection.

ref first screenshot of this post: Bug on opening of Workflows one after the other

sequence of events:

1. first i opened a DB conn: conMifos
  2. did not make any changes to it and then opened the Globals
  3. in Globals i made some changes then saved by clicking ctrl+s
  4. as per the output window - Globals changes were saved and uploaded to dev FTP successfully.
  5. but still the blue circle on the tab did not go away. on manually closing the tab, i saw the error message related to conMifos (the DB conn that i did not change at all - just opened once).

Does this help you to clearly visualise the path i followed and the problem?

also, to clarify further, i had pressed No on that dialog - so the DB conn was working correctly as expected.

the bug am reporting here is just that the behaviour of Wappler when opening another WF after previous one was opened and not changed at all is buggy and possibly could lead some unintended file/data overwrites - hence should be addressed.

This has been fixed in Wappler 4.0.2

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 45 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.