Anyone Fancy a UK Meet Up

Committing to a new technology is always a concern, especially ones that are fresh off the block. I’m new to Wappler (only a few weeks old) however I’m already convinced that Wappler will be a future tool of mine to rapidly build products. So I’m now eager to learn.

I’m on that initial learning curve and coming from webflow, there is a lot to learn on the server side. Committed and exited, I’m taken the opportunity to brush up of html & CSS, and learning JS, with the hope to speed up my adoption of wappler.

I wondered how many of the wappler community are from UK, and have you ever thought about a meet up. Something like this would be fantastic and a foot up the wappler ladder.

I live close enough to Manchester, so does anyone live around there that would be interested in meeting up to share and show me the ropes? Alternatively, I’d be happy to meet up somewhere else more convenient.

use to be near Manchester but no longer in the UK. Best way I found of learning Wappler is playing about with it and trying different things. It’s not that difficult once you have a grasp of it and I’ve found I developing bigger and more functional sites all the time. But I find if I’m stuck on something ask it on here or refer to the how to docs.

1 Like

Yes, I’d love a meetup!

I live in Cornwall, but will in Birmingham the morning of Wed 25th March if that suits a few folks!

Best wishes,
Antony.

1 Like

I love the idea of a meetup but London (or near to) would suit me better. I rarely venture ‘up north’!

1 Like

London would be good. It’s central for most people.

Any preferences on location / venue. If not I’ll dig around and see if I can find something.

I would be interested. I live near Oxford, quite close to London (or Birmingham).

1 Like

Maybe you guys can setup a Wappler meetup with

Then more people will hear about it. Just make sure you add enough tags and categorize it as web design & development topic

And make sure there is pizza and beer :smile:

3 Likes

Well, any excuse to get out of Ireland for a day or so, and if there is drinking involved… :wink:

1 Like

Not if you live in Cornwall! :rofl:

1 Like

@Marcus_Devaney, this post may help answer one of your initial questions!

Hey folks…

Since I only get out of Cornwall on rare occasions, I have a proposal.

I will be at:

Urban Cafe
30 Church Street, Birmingham B3 2NP

From 11:30am to 2:30pm on Wednesday 25th March.

… and if anyone else would like to join me it will be a great pleasure to meet you.

It is about 10 minutes walk from any of the 3 main Birmingham stations…
… and they do a bottomless brunch which should keep us going!

At the moment there are trains that can get you there from London for under £15 return.
(And for the southerners amongst us, it is only the midlands, not quite “up north”…)

I hope some of you can make it! :slight_smile:

Best wishes,
Antony.

1 Like

Hi @Antony. Would love to be there but I think it’s just beyond possible. I have something on that evening and the trains won’t get me back in time so am thinking about driving but it’s a 6-hour round trip and I’d need the roads (namely the M25) to behave as I can’t afford to get back late. So, I’m afraid I’ll have to skip this one. Have a great time, though.

Hi there @sitestreet

I can certainly be flexible over the timing… I will be in Birmingham the previous night, so could start much earlier, but I initially chose that time to make the travel cheaper.

Shall we see what time others can make and then come to a concensus?

If I didn’t have something on that evening (tickets for a show) then I’d be fine with it but it’s going to be too risky for me I’m afraid. :frowning:

I’ll try and arrange a meetup in London for mid to late March in the next few days.

1 Like

Right let’s try and find a date that we can all do. I’ll leave this open until the end of the week, and see if we have a agreed date, and the numbers.

There’s dates from 25th March to the end of April. Please fill in what you can to give us a few options.

https://zvite.co/i/E9XpjrI0

Well played @Marcus_Devaney. I’ve submitted twice as didn’t spot there were more weeks than the initial one shown! Might be worth pointing out to people that this covers nearly all of April, too.

1 Like

Given that @sitestreet was the only sign up and general advice to restrict all unnecessary travel over the next month or so, I’m not going to move this forward

Still think meet ups would be great, and help to get the word out about Wappler. Surprises me that the no-code community doesn’t know about it😆

1 Like

We should definitely do it in the near future once everything has settled down again.

1 Like

How about an online meet up using Zoom or equivalent?

2 Likes